PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Lisa M. Douglas
02-03-2015, 04:45 AM
Hi all, I'm Lisa. I have Bipolar and have for 17 years, I have just began to experience anxiety and panic within the last two weeks. I was sick two Sunday's ago and woke up Monday morning and the panic set in. After many ER trips the have decided that it is anxiety and I begin seeing a Physicatrist today as my GP is not comfortable depending meds due to me having a reaction to lexapro. Most of my anxiety is centered around my mornings. hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Kuma
02-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Hi Lisa. Welcome. Good luck with the appointment. Let us know how it goes. Is the Bipolar well under control?

lisad
02-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Unfortunately they called this morning to change my appointment to tomorrow, which is probably a good thing and that way I can finish getting all my records together for him. The Biploar is no longer under control and everything seems to just be crazy right now. I have not been medicated for many years.

Kuma
02-03-2015, 11:29 AM
You are doing the right thing by seeing the psychiatrist. That should help you address the anxiety, and any other issues/concerns.

The delayed appointment can be annoying -- I know the feeling when minutes feel like hours, and hours feel like days. But you will feel better once you see the doc, and "have a plan" - so to speak.

Let us know how it goes.