PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Pains

niteriders1
08-04-2008, 01:15 AM
I have had anxiety for over a year now . I am having alot of neck,shoulder , side pains and sometimes they radiate into my back. Anyone else experience these symptoms if so how often. thanks

Cindy
08-04-2008, 08:52 AM
I have not experienced this but perhaps you could try a massage.

freakinHippy
08-04-2008, 02:50 PM
I have had anxiety for over a year now . I am having alot of neck,shoulder , side pains and sometimes they radiate into my back. Anyone else experience these symptoms if so how often. thanks

I personally have experienced back, neck and shoulder pain for about two years now. I know it gets worse if I get stressed. I did try a massage and it was wonderful but the pain was back as soon as I got back to life. It was great while it lasted though.

:)

02Batmobile
08-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't tend to get any muscle pains but today my neck muscles were aching. One time, I was stuck in traffic during a parade and I was afraid that I was going to have a panic attack. My muscles in my back constricted and were tense the whole day. That's the first time it had ever happened to me. We are all different and are affected differently.

Hang in there,
-James (AOL Instant Message Me!!)

Cheezer
08-05-2008, 12:54 AM

Yes!! I have had severe muscle pain for the past 20 months. I have had so many tests, just to determine that they were ultimately due to anxiety.

I am hoping I will soon be felling better now that I am fairly certain the cause of the pains.

I hope you figure out what is going on and feel better too.

Cheezer

niteriders1
08-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I'm gonna go try a message see if that helps. These pains are driving me crazy. Hopefully i'll feel better. Thanks

Cheezer
08-09-2008, 03:41 AM
I just heard about a supplement called 5-HTP. If you combine the 5-HTP with magnesium you should see some relief from muscle tension as well as anxiety.

I don't really have any more info about this, but I do know Mg helps with muscle pain. I googled it and found some sites about it, but I haven't had a chance to research it yet. I might try it depending on what I find out.

Just thought I'd share. I know the pain is hard to deal with, so I'm willing to try it.

Good luck

niteriders1
08-09-2008, 04:52 AM
I will def. have to look into that because i just can stand the pains anymore. Thanks for your help.

Cheezer
10-10-2008, 04:05 PM

Hey Niterirders1!

Hope you are on the track to felling better or, better yet, feeling better!

I am finally starting to feel better myself. After years and years of unsuccessful therapy I decided to give it another shot. I found a therapist that I really like and feel comfortable with. Her approach and office is less clinical than most, she even has a therapy dog that sits in on our sessions, talk about a comfort!

She talked me into getting on some anxiety meds, so now I am on Celexa and Xanax along with some beta-blockers. But I think the therapy itself is the most helpful. The meds take 4-12 weeks to begin taking full effect, but my therapist noted great improvement before they started working. She told me that it was all my doing, I think it was her.

I began to relax more and more with every visit. I think that it was the much needed validation about my feeling and thoughts and also having an impartial party listen to me without judgment. Needless to say therapy has worked wonders for me and my pain.

But what I did/do notice is that the Xanax helped relax my muscle tension, especially in my neck, back and chest, better than all of the pain meds and various muscle relaxants I have tried. I believe that the pain I was and am experiencing is the physiological manifistation of my internal turmoil and emotional pain.

Hope this helps!

Cheezer

Mannylirio
09-25-2010, 06:46 AM
I am agree with cindy's opinion that you should try have some massage around your neck and back. I hope it will heal your pain and you will feel relaxed. I would like to suggest you that Jamu massage therapy would be the best option for you. You should try it.

jj1983
09-25-2010, 03:20 PM
I too get stiff and joint pains alot..mostly left arm socket joint and neck

tconnorbok
09-27-2010, 01:37 PM
I have similiar symptoms. It occur almost everyday. I take some pain medicine which usually does help but it doesn't really help for the tension headache I usually get. I am taking 100mg of Zoloft and it has started to help with the tension headaches. I hate anxiety it causes so much pain.

Itzomi
09-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Count me in. I get neck & shoulder pains, as well as random other pains, like in the right shoulderblade area, etc. It really helps to use that STOPain spray!

jennifer
10-29-2010, 12:41 PM
i've suffered from anxiety for about 5 yrs now. not until about 2 yrs ago did i start to have muscle pains and joint pains in my left elbow and both hands. i went to my primary doc who ran multiple bld tests. everything came back fine. he told me it was due to anxiety. however, there were days when i had no anxiety, yet i still had horrible muscle pain. eaverytime though, the dang doctor would tell me it was from anxiety since all my test were negative.
my therapist told me that it could possibly be fibromyalgia. after reading up on that - i KNOW that has to be what is wrong w/me!
that's why all tests were coming back normal!! as time would show, as well as more complaints - knees starting bothering me, muscle pain in my legs, butt, front neck area!
it was easy for my doc to say it was from my anxiety since fibro will "flare up" when anxiety is bad. i hope you are feeling better and the massages helped!

jerrynyc138
10-29-2010, 02:22 PM
I have felt that also, some days it feels like my body been hit by a car or something. I used to work out a lot I have slowed down since but even when I do not use weight my whole body feels all sore and beat up.

tconnorbok
10-31-2010, 03:27 PM
I had bad neck, back, and shoulder pain and tension headaches for about 3 months everyday. It was unbearable at times. I never thought is would go away. I started going to a chiropracter for help twice a week and it really helped to relieve alot for the tension. After about a month of this my muscles started to relax and the tension headache started to go away. I still have problems from time to time when my anxiety jumps a level but it is diffently more controllable now. Also, try drinking some chamomil tea it helps and take vitamins like super B complex.