PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

TylerF
01-27-2015, 04:27 PM
Hi Everyone-
I'm a kid in his mid teens and I've been suffering from anxiety since I was 11 since I went to the hospital because I had a panic attack and it felt like I couldn't breathe. About a month ago, I started to see a psychiatrist and he has started to help me with my anxiety. Since the incident, I've been looking for ways to diminish this feeling in my throat that comes when I feel anxious and I will think about it until I go to bed. I can swallow fine but I have a strange tingling sensation in my throat where it feels like something has swollen in my throat. It will pass but I am looking for some answers. I will be constantly worrying about my health. I will get a stomach cramp or my chest will feel tight and i'll think "what if I have a problem with my lungs?" And it will escalate to the point where I'm begging my mom to go to the emergency room. It always passes but i'll worry about a relapse and the cycle beginning. This may happen about 3 times a week where it will take about 20 minutes to calm me down. So far i've been able to calm myself down but i'm looking for ways to get rid of these awful feelings. I know I have anxiety. I will experience palpitations, hot/cold flashes, and that uncomfortable feeling in my throat very often and throughout the day. What do I do? I'm tired of looking forward to school because I know that I nurse is there. I'm tired of going to bed early so I dont have to feel the symptoms of anxiety. I'm tired of always thinking that something is terribly wrong and I need to go to the hospital. What should I do?! Please help!

NixonRulz
01-29-2015, 05:03 AM
Hi Everyone-
I'm a kid in his mid teens and I've been suffering from anxiety since I was 11 since I went to the hospital because I had a panic attack and it felt like I couldn't breathe. About a month ago, I started to see a psychiatrist and he has started to help me with my anxiety. Since the incident, I've been looking for ways to diminish this feeling in my throat that comes when I feel anxious and I will think about it until I go to bed. I can swallow fine but I have a strange tingling sensation in my throat where it feels like something has swollen in my throat. It will pass but I am looking for some answers. I will be constantly worrying about my health. I will get a stomach cramp or my chest will feel tight and i'll think "what if I have a problem with my lungs?" And it will escalate to the point where I'm begging my mom to go to the emergency room. It always passes but i'll worry about a relapse and the cycle beginning. This may happen about 3 times a week where it will take about 20 minutes to calm me down. So far i've been able to calm myself down but i'm looking for ways to get rid of these awful feelings. I know I have anxiety. I will experience palpitations, hot/cold flashes, and that uncomfortable feeling in my throat very often and throughout the day. What do I do? I'm tired of looking forward to school because I know that I nurse is there. I'm tired of going to bed early so I dont have to feel the symptoms of anxiety. I'm tired of always thinking that something is terribly wrong and I need to go to the hospital. What should I do?! Please help!

Health anxiety is such a pain in th ass. Always waiting for something to happen. Just scan your body constantly

Make sure you don't spend time trying to trat your symptoms. You need to address your anxiety

I would suggest that you speak to a doc about getting on an AD. That will greatly I,prove how you feel and much lessen your concerns.

The topic of anxiety always gets people debating whether it is a learned behavior or a genetic condition. In your case and many others, it shouldn't matter at this point.

Get yourself in a better place on the meds and perhaps therapy and then address how you can get your mind anxiety free.

It is very achievable but hard to see that now

Goomba
01-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Might help some.

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?30789-My-Hypochondria-Was-The-Best-Thing-To-Ever-Happen-To-Me

gauth1234
01-31-2015, 08:55 AM
This has happened to me before!! Just let time pass by :) It is hard, but thats the only way. As the anxiety gets less, you will be a lot less anxious.