PDA

View Full Version : I think I am making progress

gadguy
01-27-2015, 03:01 PM
I learned long time ago to go out and eat by myself, so eating alone is no big deal. However when it comes to "social places" Bar and grill or clubs I only go with my small group of friends when they go. Last Thursday I broke out and went myself to a local bar and grill and really enjoyed myself...no social anxiety or anger ( I get angry in these situation when I am alone). I had a great time listening to the music and watching the other people interact, I stayed for about 3 hours and enjoyed it. The fact i was not angry with myself for being alone was a first. I went again Friday night alone, hung out with random people that were there....i was way out of my security zone and yet I enjoyed myself.

Xerosnake90
01-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Fantastic. Huge step in the right direction. Keep us updated :)

gypsylee
01-28-2015, 05:50 PM
I learned long time ago to go out and eat by myself, so eating alone is no big deal. However when it comes to "social places" Bar and grill or clubs I only go with my small group of friends when they go. Last Thursday I broke out and went myself to a local bar and grill and really enjoyed myself...no social anxiety or anger ( I get angry in these situation when I am alone). I had a great time listening to the music and watching the other people interact, I stayed for about 3 hours and enjoyed it. The fact i was not angry with myself for being alone was a first. I went again Friday night alone, hung out with random people that were there....i was way out of my security zone and yet I enjoyed myself.

This is excellent :) I know a lot of people who DON'T suffer from anxiety who would never be able to do something like this! And going out of your comfort zone and realising you can cope with it is so important in dealing with anxiety. The fact you not only coped, you enjoyed yourself, is awesome.

Good work!
Gypsy x