PDA

View Full Version : Back to square one

mikecole114
01-27-2015, 05:06 AM
I've recently been feeling a lot better as i received possible future good news, everything started to change, i began to start caring about stuff again and for the first time in two years I was looking g forward to something. I received and email last night telling me that the good news I had been so confident I was to get was to be true. I find myself now in bed and unable to cope with going back before, how can I have so much hope that disappears so quickly and now I feel silly for being hopefully and positive, hatin myself for not securing this hopefully position, I feel hopeless like this good news was never possible and cannot ever be achieved by me. Fuck sake how do I find the confidence to get back

lala09
01-27-2015, 07:12 AM
Hi.

I'm sorry to hear about your news.

I've been in a position where something was going for me and it didn't happen. I was gutted. I felt let down and that I was letting others down. I confided in someone online and they said it wasn't meant to be. Even though it seemed good but it didn't happen so even though you feel bad. Angry or whatever..something will come along. Good things take time just try not to be hard on yourself. Easier said than done..I'm still being hard on myself.

Hope that kind of helps. Sorry of not.

Luce.

Saber_Wing
01-27-2015, 09:13 AM
I've recently been feeling a lot better as i received possible future good news, everything started to change, i began to start caring about stuff again and for the first time in two years I was looking g forward to something. I received and email last night telling me that the good news I had been so confident I was to get was to be true. I find myself now in bed and unable to cope with going back before, how can I have so much hope that disappears so quickly and now I feel silly for being hopefully and positive, hatin myself for not securing this hopefully position, I feel hopeless like this good news was never possible and cannot ever be achieved by me. Fuck sake how do I find the confidence to get back

I understand exactly how you feel. I am so afraid that things will go badly in my life, that I literally can't stop myself from planning for fifty possible things that could go wrong for any given action. Please hear me when I say, there is hope. It isn't always going to be like that. You might fall back into those ways of thinking from time to time, as I do, but I promise you that there are good things ahead, no matter how small. I know you feel stupid for having believed you could have something good in your life. I know because I often find myself where you are. Just try to remember that the good things are there. You can still find them. You can still have them. This isn't the end of confidence, or of hope. Hang in there, okay? I know I'm trying to.

NixonRulz
01-27-2015, 12:09 PM

Hello Mike. Good to see you again. Sorry that it is under these circumstances

This isn't so hard to answer. You can't see the way yet I suppose since it just happened

But I remember the times you were regularly here and we're as you thought, at you worst

Since that time you say things have been going well and you have been feeling a lot better

So you do exactly what you did when you were down before. Give yourself a day or two to mope around then get back to living

Stop looking back like this is some life altering permanent setback. You didn't get a job you wanted and that sucks. But in the big scheme of things it is just on to the next one job. One that could likely be even better

You will decide how you feel by the way you decide to look at this.

Look at it as an opportunity for even bigger and better things and this becomes a blessing

mikecole114
01-29-2015, 06:29 AM
Thankyou very much for your replies especially Nixon rules you were always here for my worst. Thankyou for your kind words. And no I didn't get the job the only opportunity I've had for a job in ages which is why it was so upsetting back to square one