PDA

View Full Version : New here. Hypochondria is back :(...rabies

waviking24
01-23-2015, 07:14 PM
I have always had mild hypochondria, but it seemed to have disappeared for several months up until yesterday and now it is back with a vengeance and I don't know if I can take it. The problem is that I am worrying over the dumbest thing and logically I know that, but I just cannot stop obsessing. Yesterday a very friendly and normal acting dog wandered into my yard and I went out to see what he was up to and stupidly stuck my hand out to let him lick it, which he did, tail wagging and all. Well about ten minutes later I went in to wash my hands and that's when I realized I had a small cut on my other hand. Not even the hand he licked! But lucky me, my brain kicked into anxiety mode and all I can think about is what if this dog had rabies, but wasn't showing signs and somehow the dried saliva that I washed off my one hand and into the cut on my other hand and infected me with rabies. I didn't sleep at all last night and have been online reading about rabies for like 24 hours now. What is wrong with me??? Someone please help

Brit95
01-24-2015, 05:14 AM
I have always had mild hypochondria, but it seemed to have disappeared for several months up until yesterday and now it is back with a vengeance and I don't know if I can take it. The problem is that I am worrying over the dumbest thing and logically I know that, but I just cannot stop obsessing. Yesterday a very friendly and normal acting dog wandered into my yard and I went out to see what he was up to and stupidly stuck my hand out to let him lick it, which he did, tail wagging and all. Well about ten minutes later I went in to wash my hands and that's when I realized I had a small cut on my other hand. Not even the hand he licked! But lucky me, my brain kicked into anxiety mode and all I can think about is what if this dog had rabies, but wasn't showing signs and somehow the dried saliva that I washed off my one hand and into the cut on my other hand and infected me with rabies. I didn't sleep at all last night and have been online reading about rabies for like 24 hours now. What is wrong with me??? Someone please help

I have issues with hypochondria, too. I always think I have something wrong with my brain anytime I get a headache. Mine tends to go away for a while and come back. I also get online all the time! WebMD, baby. I don't think you have rabies. If the dog was friendly, it probably didn't have rabies.