PDA

View Full Version : First Post

naturalbornspiller
12-19-2005, 03:53 PM
:D Hiya, My name is Sarah and im new to here. Decided to join as my anxiety disorder has got a lot worse over the past few months and i dont know where to turn anymore! Im currently suffering all the time with thinking i am going to have a heart attack, i even experience the symtoms and its really scary! ive recently discovered this is a phobia called Cardiophobia although i havent been diagnosed with it. I have got obsesed with not eating unhealthy, so much so i prefer not to eat at all. These feelings of anxiety arnt new to me, although the heart attack symtoms are. Ive had the disorder since i was 10 and learnt to live with it, over the years i have suffered with many different phobias and worries, from being away from my mum to going out of my home town and even staying out of my house over night.

I am a dancer and i work with dance in a high school so i dance all day, im only 20 although my downfall is smoking but i am going to quit in the new year.

Anyway i thought i would say hello and if anyone feels like me, please reply as i feel a bit alone at the moment!!

Thanks
Sarah xXx

brickyard_red
12-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Welcome Sarah, I'm glad you're here. I think you will find that you are definately NOT alone. :) Stick around, read the posts and you will find that there are quite a few like you. :)

Cath :)

shoe
12-20-2005, 07:40 AM
welcome to the forum Sarah. That's really interesting, I've never heard of Cardiophobia, but then there's lots of phobias I probably don't know about. I hope you get over the diet problems and start eating regularly - not eating much isn't healthy at all! And I'm sure you know cigarette smoking does contribute to anxiety, so its good that you are going to quit.

anyway, good to see you around. take care,
shoe

naturalbornspiller
12-20-2005, 10:45 AM
:) Thanks for the replies guys! i really appriciate your support! hope to speak to you on here again some time!

thanks again!

Sarah xXx