PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety sufferer seeking other sufferers for documentary

jon.sons
01-19-2015, 04:12 AM
Hello,

I am a documentary filmmaker who suffers from GAD and health anxiety, and I am looking for people to interview for our BBC3 documentary.

A film crew will be following me over the next few months to document my recovery as I undergo traditional methods of therapy and medication, as well as more alternative methods such as yoga, mindfulness, fitness etc.

The documentary is to raise awareness of anxiety, especially in young people, and to help others out there who suffer by offering them knowledge and guidance.

The documentary is being put forward to be commissioned by BBC3.

We are looking for people to interview who are based in London or Manchester. We are looking for people who suffer from anxiety and feel comfortable appearing on camera. Whether you have made a full recovery or whether your anxiety is at it's worst. Maybe you've found an alternative way to treat anxiety or possibly your anxiety is severely crippling your life? Whatever it is we'd love you to open up to us and feature in our film.

Unfortunately we cannot offer payment, but all travel expenses will be reimbursed.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in or you have any further questions please let us know!

Thank you

Jon D

fhenson
04-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Hello,

I am a documentary filmmaker who suffers from GAD and health anxiety, and I am looking for people to interview for our BBC3 documentary.

A film crew will be following me over the next few months to document my recovery as I undergo traditional methods of therapy and medication, as well as more alternative methods such as yoga, mindfulness, fitness etc.

The documentary is to raise awareness of anxiety, especially in young people, and to help others out there who suffer by offering them knowledge and guidance.

The documentary is being put forward to be commissioned by BBC3.

We are looking for people to interview who are based in London or Manchester. We are looking for people who suffer from anxiety and feel comfortable appearing on camera. Whether you have made a full recovery or whether your anxiety is at it's worst. Maybe you've found an alternative way to treat anxiety or possibly your anxiety is severely crippling your life? Whatever it is we'd love you to open up to us and feature in our film.

Unfortunately we cannot offer payment, but all travel expenses will be reimbursed.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in or you have any further questions please let us know!

Thank you

Jon D

Hi Jon,

I am a 25 year old male who has suffered from a "severe" panic disorder for about 3 years. I would be happy to appear on your programme or discuss it further.

Please get in touch if you are still interested

Best,

Fred

jon.sons
04-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Hi Jon,

I am a 25 year old male who has suffered from a "severe" panic disorder for about 3 years. I would be happy to appear on your programme or discuss it further.

Please get in touch if you are still interested

Best,

Fred

Hi Fred
Thanks for getting in touch.
The documentary has developed slightly and we are now focussing in on what sufferers do to "take their mind off their illness / pain" or what people do to help distract them from things. We are ideally looking for people who might run, paint, play an instrument or anything else they find therapeutic or has helped them overcome / manage / get release from their mental illness.

Do you happen to have something like this that has helped you? Thanks