PDA

View Full Version : Thinking About My Best Friend All The Time....

OutdoorHiker
01-18-2015, 05:59 PM
I've decided to delete this post since there's been 27 views and not a single person could post one thing.. I was really hoping this forum was gonna help me... but It looks like I was wrong.. Really disappointed. :(

nf1234
01-20-2015, 12:12 AM
What was your original post? Sometimes it takes some time to find the right person who can answer and relate to whatever it is you post. Stick around. Not everyone will be able to respond to your posts but it is a good support forum.

NixonRulz
01-20-2015, 07:10 AM
I've decided to delete this post since there's been 27 views and not a single person could post one thing.. I was really hoping this forum was gonna help me... but It looks like I was wrong.. Really disappointed. :(

Also keep in mind that the majority of views the threads get here are from people that are non members. Nth ey cannot respond

Sometimes advice comes a little slower than you like

OutdoorHiker
01-20-2015, 07:29 PM
Okay guys.. thanks.... I'll eventually post it again... :(

smartscrutiny
01-21-2015, 07:50 AM
Yes, post again - sometimes it takes some time for the right folks to answer. :-)

OutdoorHiker
01-21-2015, 07:56 AM
Yes, post again - sometimes it takes some time for the right folks to answer. :-)

Thanks... i just mainly really miss my best friend... i haven't heard from him in days and i just think about him constantly....

smartscrutiny
01-21-2015, 08:39 AM
Are the feelings of missing your friend getting in the way of your ability to go about your day, take care of regular tasks, etc.?

OutdoorHiker
01-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Are the feelings of missing your friend getting in the way of your ability to go about your day, take care of regular tasks, etc.?

i guess you could say that... i mean all my life i never had good friends and since i met him all i want to do is hang with him... I've never had a good friend as him and i tell him all the time hes my best friend and that hes been the greatest friend I've ever had... i mean i think of him all the time and i look at my phone 10,000 times a day hoping hed text me! which he dis today! i try not to text him a lot and give him his space but i guess i never connected with a friend line i have with him... I've told him i think of him as a brother....

OutdoorHiker
01-21-2015, 07:06 PM
This is what I was going to originally post... Well... This is my first post... My names Chris! I'm looking to really use this forum as a support system! I've recently moved to my new area. Came here with out knowing a single person. I've been down here for almost a year now. Since I've moved down here I have made one best friend! We use to text constantly and hang out with each other none stop... then probably about 3 months ago IDK we just just some communication a bit and I'm scared that I'll lose him as my best friend... He's been the greatest friend I have ever had... all my previous friends have not been there as he has for me and I've never had as much fun as I have had since I met him... however, there's been times.... as this past weekend where I'll call him or text him and not get a single response... and I'm constantly worried when he does not answer me... I haven't spoken/seen to him since Friday and now it's Sunday night... I texted him on Saturday after work and got nothing and today I've sent multiple texts and called his cell a few times and went striahgt to voice mail except for once.... I guess before I met him I was always alone... even really before I moved away from my other friends... and I want to hang with him/text with him all the time... I don't feel this is healthy but at the same time I'm always worrying from not hearing from him and keep thinking of him all the time... IDK what to do! My anxiety over this is killing me... It doesn't really help that he's really my other friend... I mean I have one other friend but when I'm with them all I'm thinking about is how I wish I was hanging with him... I just don't know what to do...

NixonRulz
01-21-2015, 07:29 PM
This is what I was going to originally post... Well... This is my first post... My names Chris! I'm looking to really use this forum as a support system! I've recently moved to my new area. Came here with out knowing a single person. I've been down here for almost a year now. Since I've moved down here I have made one best friend! We use to text constantly and hang out with each other none stop... then probably about 3 months ago IDK we just just some communication a bit and I'm scared that I'll lose him as my best friend... He's been the greatest friend I have ever had... all my previous friends have not been there as he has for me and I've never had as much fun as I have had since I met him... however, there's been times.... as this past weekend where I'll call him or text him and not get a single response... and I'm constantly worried when he does not answer me... I haven't spoken/seen to him since Friday and now it's Sunday night... I texted him on Saturday after work and got nothing and today I've sent multiple texts and called his cell a few times and went striahgt to voice mail except for once.... I guess before I met him I was always alone... even really before I moved away from my other friends... and I want to hang with him/text with him all the time... I don't feel this is healthy but at the same time I'm always worrying from not hearing from him and keep thinking of him all the time... IDK what to do! My anxiety over this is killing me... It doesn't really help that he's really my other friend... I mean I have one other friend but when I'm with them all I'm thinking about is how I wish I was hanging with him... I just don't know what to do...

Based on your post(s), think you may be crowding him a bit? If I had a girlfriend that constantly texted and called, it would get old after a bit

And if it was a guy, it would get old much quicker. The way you tell him you feel, any chance he thinks you like him more than friends?

Not being funny. You seem to have some major feelings for him that seems to go past friendship when I read here

He just might believe you dig him too much. Just a thought

And anxiety will make you get paranoid as you describe. Maybe it's the anxiety that's fueling your calls and texts.

But if he doesn't know about the anxiety thing, he may be put off

Hope this turns out well for you

OutdoorHiker
01-21-2015, 09:55 PM
Based on your post(s), think you may be crowding him a bit? If I had a girlfriend that constantly texted and called, it would get old after a bit

And if it was a guy, it would get old much quicker. The way you tell him you feel, any chance he thinks you like him more than friends?

Not being funny. You seem to have some major feelings for him that seems to go past friendship when I read here

He just might believe you dig him too much. Just a thought

And anxiety will make you get paranoid as you describe. Maybe it's the anxiety that's fueling your calls and texts.

But if he doesn't know about the anxiety thing, he may be put off

Hope this turns out well for you

nay... its just that i dont really have any other friends... and lately hes just been skipping town and not saying anything after he tells me we should hang... and i mean i tell him things thats happening in my life yet its as if i dont know a single thing about him... :-/ and whenever he texts he always makes sure that his phone is facing me so that i dont see who hes texting and what hes saying... yet i always tell him... :-/

nf1234
01-24-2015, 12:36 AM
Unfortunately that is what happens with time. People get busy and don't have the time to hang out as much. I have plenty of friends who don't return my calls or who I don't talk to for awhile. We used to hang out a ton but as time goes on everyone gets busier. I wouldn't over think it but maybe just play it safe and give him his space. I'm sure if you guys had a good friendship he isn't just going to end it. But probably you best bet is just to hang tight and let him call or text you next when he is free to hang out.