PDA

View Full Version : Something a little different.

Slammed_vdub
01-18-2015, 01:00 PM
So instead of my normal anxiety symptoms i have been having different issues. Issues that started late last year after a whole bunch of head issues that sent me over the edge. (Physical head issues) Lately ive seem to have "thought "vomit," i guess for a lack of better terms. I just have continuous racing thoughts at all times. Nothing like negative of violent thoughts. Just random. Like random movie lines that relate to the situation im in. Or Ill just have thoughts of like an upcoming conversation and how i think it would go. For example Like i thought this all out before i typed it. And i thought what your possible responses would be. Same thing if i have to tell someone something, i would think their response before we even chat. The other issue i have noticed is the issue im having reading. Its not like i cant read but its like i try reading to fast and get words mixed up which stops me dead in my tracks. Everytime i notice this i am super concentrated on me not messing up reading. I dont know exactly whats going on, but its like my mind is racing on its on leaving me out of the loop.

Slammed_vdub
01-19-2015, 10:26 PM
anyone? or am i broken

Brit95
01-20-2015, 02:36 AM
So instead of my normal anxiety symptoms i have been having different issues. Issues that started late last year after a whole bunch of head issues that sent me over the edge. (Physical head issues) Lately ive seem to have "thought "vomit," i guess for a lack of better terms. I just have continuous racing thoughts at all times. Nothing like negative of violent thoughts. Just random. Like random movie lines that relate to the situation im in. Or Ill just have thoughts of like an upcoming conversation and how i think it would go. For example Like i thought this all out before i typed it. And i thought what your possible responses would be. Same thing if i have to tell someone something, i would think their response before we even chat. The other issue i have noticed is the issue im having reading. Its not like i cant read but its like i try reading to fast and get words mixed up which stops me dead in my tracks. Everytime i notice this i am super concentrated on me not messing up reading. I dont know exactly whats going on, but its like my mind is racing on its on leaving me out of the loop.
It's normal. Racing thoughts, failure to focus on anything other than what's going on with you. Totally normal.

Brit95
01-20-2015, 02:38 AM
It's normal. Racing thoughts, failure to focus on anything other than what's going on with you. Totally normal.

I was so anxious while at the grocery store, I forgot how to drive once I got back to the car. Or I forget what I'm doing all the time.

gypsylee
01-20-2015, 10:06 AM

I can relate to most of this and yes it's anxiety. The brain can't function "normally" when one is on high alert. I'm a bit like that right now because I've been going through emotional upheaval.

One of the best things you can do is focus on your breathing and slow it down. This tells the nervous system that it doesn't have to be on high alert and that helps stop the racing thoughts.

Thanks for sharing this with us - I came here because I was very anxious and it's always helpful to know that other people experience the same kind of thing.

All the best,
Gypsy :)

gypsylee
01-20-2015, 10:08 AM
I was so anxious while at the grocery store, I forgot how to drive once I got back to the car. Or I forget what I'm doing all the time.

My thing is to pay for stuff and then walk off without whatever I bought :)