PDA

View Full Version : My European Body Type is Stressing Me out:

1Bluerose68
01-17-2015, 05:51 PM
I exercise all the time,( 5x per week),ughhh.

I take vitamins both AM and PM,yuck.

I eat Lean TV dinners almost nightly,boring.

I drink health smoothies daily, w/ flax seed to help move my bowels as often as possible,pee-ugh.

But I have this tummy that won't leave me alone, h-e-l-p.

It's bigger than my behind and looser than the flag flying high in the wind, yippee.

What am I supposed to do, Not EAT at all and only exercise for two...?There's only 1 me, and i am already so exhausted.......?

Even to prepare anything more than simple meals like salad and light meals, so that's why i have decided to mainly eat Lean TV dinners. They taste just like the Specialty Hospital Tray Dinners, but cost me a heck of a lottttt less tooo.

( so boo hoo to expecting someone else to prepare my meals at my expense-----it just aint gonna happen Honey!!!)

I already limit my liquid intake, as I am terrified of this tummy bulging any further.

I feel anxious of NOT being in better shape and having more control over a more well toned body.

My ex and I don't even see each other any more because I grew into my adult body but he, while we were still together, never did.

So he lost interest in me and my boring body, I suppose?

Only EDNOS, oh well?????

Irish Sammie
02-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Those TV dinners are not doing you any favours. Do you research and you'll find there is so many hidden salts and sugars in the food it's more than likely keeping your weight on. Your attitude needs to change if you want to lose the weight. Preparing your own healthy meals is the only way to know exactly what you're putting into your body. I'd also do a customised workout schedule if you're not already doing it. That's why the trainers are there. They can build a plan around what you want to accomplish, i.e to rid yourself of your tummy.

Dahila
02-16-2015, 07:01 AM
What it means European Body type?

JustaGal
02-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Those TV dinners are not doing you any favours. Do you research and you'll find there is so many hidden salts and sugars in the food it's more than likely keeping your weight on. Your attitude needs to change if you want to lose the weight. Preparing your own healthy meals is the only way to know exactly what you're putting into your body. I'd also do a customised workout schedule if you're not already doing it. That's why the trainers are there. They can build a plan around what you want to accomplish, i.e to rid yourself of your tummy.

Thats so right - they are toxic. Some ingredients have names we cant pronounce and we put it in our mouth.

gypsylee
02-16-2015, 10:54 PM
Well my take on this is who cares if you have a bit of fat on you? Obviously I don't know just how much fat lol, but really, there are more important things :)

I spent sooo much time and energy trying to have the body of a 20yo and when I got to 40 I decided it was ridiculous. Now I exercise more for health benefits than just to lose weight. I have the same problem where I put weight on my tummy but there's not a lot you can do if that's the way your fat cells are distributed. So I don't agonise over it and try to get a flat stomach anymore. I still get looks and comments from men so I must be alright but I don't really care, at least not like I used to.

You should have a look at The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf :)

Cheers,
Gypsy x

1Bluerose68
02-18-2015, 06:17 PM
Thanks, but actually for all the energy i put into going to a gym, eating, healthy foods, and even taking fiber and flax seeds supplaments, my body is just NOT responding as it did for me in my 20 and 30's. I have these turkey wings that come and go like the tides and my ab area usually seems so puffy that it makes it difficult to wear nice pants. This really bothers me as I have always been athletic and now i'm so top heavy i can no longer swim w/o feeling uncomfortable about my big bouncy chest or my puffy ab area. I am trying to get in shape for spring and summer lap swimming. But i am just afraid to eat almost anything except lean sanwhiches or lean TV dinners. Otherwise my weight is just barely being maintained and it takes a lot of effort just to drop a measely 5 Lbs.....

Dahila
02-18-2015, 07:58 PM
I am from Europe Blue and European body type is mostly slim and well dressed body, nothing like average Canadian or American woman.

Ponder
02-19-2015, 11:39 AM
What it means European Body type?

LOL

I'm thinking it's a polite way of saying something?

But I am thinking the grass is always greener on the other side?

For instance we used to believe the women in Russia all had hair on their faces ... but then someone invented the internet and we found out it was not true. Only some of them are like that. I remember how devastated I was. I guess you can't win em all the time.

I like my wife's handles ... and not just for support either.

Believe me when I tell you, there are plenty of men who would trade off lustful desire for a genuine look of acceptance; regardless of another's self worth. Unfortunately confidence is another shallow ideal that is oversold. Whilst it is a very practical quality to have in getting things done - just like body image in today's world; it does not last long on the shelf!

Somehow, I don't think I can convince many people of this. I'm not oblivious to perfection ... just wise enough to know how futile it is to expect such things. Seeing beauty in those things others take for granted really opens doors. Many will resist such natural instincts, reasoning that others are just plain envious. But how wrong they really be and how sad it is for them, that they cling to such short lived experiences.

There is just so much still available in so many of us no matter how fat, disfigured and old we may or may not be. Let go of the ideals -> grieve your loss of your younger days and appreciate that your still the person you think no longer be's.

I miss much of what my wife and I used to be before she succumb to illness early in life ... however I know things could be much better, if not for the damn clinging to what was instead of what be.

Things are not going well my end in this respect ... but I am not worried about her not looking young and not being what she appeared to be ... Obviously my job to make her think different ... Sigh ...

I don't know ... just ranting as well

Srry Blue.

Cheer up ... life is so much more the passing eyeball so many seek. Both men and women end up long haired tossers clinging to such things!

Wish them well and move on.

Im-Suffering
02-19-2015, 12:00 PM
LOL

I'm thinking it's a polite way of saying something?

But I am thinking the grass is always greener on the other side?

For instance we used to believe the women in Russia all had hair on their faces ... but then someone invented the internet and we found out it was not true. Only some of them are like that. I remember how devastated I was. I guess you can't win em all the time.

I like my wife's handles ... and not just for support either.

Believe me when I tell you, there are plenty of men who would trade off lustful desire for a genuine look of acceptance; regardless of another's self worth. Unfortunately confidence is another shallow ideal that is oversold. Whilst it is a very practical quality to have in getting things done - just like body image in today's world; it does not last long on the shelf!

Somehow, I don't think I can convince many people of this. I'm not oblivious to perfection ... just wise enough to know how futile it is to expect such things. Seeing beauty in those things others take for granted really opens doors. Many will resist such natural instincts, reasoning that others are just plain envious. But how wrong they really be and how sad it is for them, that they cling to such short lived experiences.

There is just so much still available in so many of us no matter how fat, disfigured and old we may or may not be. Let go of the ideals -> grieve your loss of your younger days and appreciate that your still the person you think no longer be's.

I miss much of what my wife and I used to be before she succumb to illness early in life ... however I know things could be much better, if not for the damn clinging to what was instead of what be.

Things are not going well my end in this respect ... but I am not worried about her not looking young and not being what she appeared to be ... Obviously my job to make her think different ... Sigh ...

I don't know ... just ranting as well

Srry Blue.

Cheer up ... life is so much more the passing eyeball so many seek. Both men and women end up long haired tossers clinging to such things!

Wish them well and move on.

Very moving post.

JB478
02-20-2015, 02:05 AM
Try to exercise, sit ups could be effective for you.

1Bluerose68
02-21-2015, 12:06 PM
What health problem does your wife suffer from? Thank you for your response by the way.

RockerChick
02-21-2015, 04:16 PM
You didn't mention how long you had actually been exercising for... It will take you a good few weeks to see any kind of result. Work hard, commit. It won't happen overnight.

1Bluerose68
02-21-2015, 08:19 PM
I think that really depends upon the social class of the individual no matter what country except the 3rd world countries where they are all so thin they are almost dead. It takes money to eat the right foods and exercise at gyms or pools or have time to even take a walk after a day of working. Some people work over time and never have time to exercise. But usually here in America the wealthiest people usually are healthier looking and more well toned than the lower classes of people who are living off twinkies and a bologna sandwhich w/ milk for lunch and McDonalds for dinner and probly donuts all day long at the office or factory, not to mention the roach coach food that is purchased by the factory workers at lunch time.

1Bluerose68
02-21-2015, 08:27 PM
I tell you I think someone is tube feeding me in my sleep. I exercise at gym every night, or take a walk at the least. I have been doing this routine since at least 2007. I was taking a rx diet pill around 2007 and an OTC diet pill back then plus water exercise , intensive lap swimming, well back then I had lost 65 Lbs in 1 yr. But since 2010 i regained a lot about 25 Lbs since I had a new responsibility to take care of my father after mom passed away in 2009. Part of it was grief the other was NOT having the time to intensly exercise any more. I have started to work f/t and exercise nightly this past year and feel better knowing I am taking responsibility for my finances. The exercise part is good sometimes I must clean house after work instead of the gym because I am allergic to dust and we have a high rug, and brother makes tons of dishes too. So thats that. And I am trying to drop 10 Lbs at a time w/i in a month I would like to drop 10 Lbs, and then go on to drop the next 10, until I drop a total of 40 Lbs at least. I really desire to get into my 12-14 sizes and never go up again a size, just maintain. I dont wish to be a tiny size 8 or less. I think i am being very realistic.....