PDA

View Full Version : back to work on monday!

flower29
12-18-2005, 01:38 AM
Hi evrybody, I am back to work on mondat after being out for 4 days. I am really anxious about it and hope that my kids are not mad at me. I have a doctor's note but I still know that people are going to be disapointed in me for being absent so long. It is making me very nervous. can anyone relate to this experience i really need some advice. I know this doesn't seem like a big deal but it seems like a big deal to me for some reason. I always make a mountain out of a mole hill. anyway write back and let me know what you think.

brickyard_red
12-18-2005, 08:06 AM
I know it feels like a big huge problem right now because at this point in time you don't know how your co-workers are going to react. But, from experience I can say that the outcome is never really as bad as I was expecting it to be. Not everyone is going to think that you are just lazy and didn't want to come into work. And especially if you have the dr.s note, that will help.

I know you are worried and nervous about going back because of what everyone is going to think and if your kids are going to be mad at you, but from experience there also I can say that the kids will be overjoyed to have you back! I'm sure they've missed you. And just think, you won't have to be there that much longer anyway and you'll be off for Christmas break. YEEHAW!! :D

Hang in there and know that it isn't going to be as bad as you're worried it's going to be. Let us know how your day back goes tomorrow when you get home. I know I for one want to know.

Cath :)

flower29
12-19-2005, 03:40 AM
It is five oclock in the morning and I am dreading going back to work. My nerves are uot of sorts I threw up three or four times. I finally had to take an ativan actually three ativan. I am thinking of telling my principal what's really gfoing on but I don't know if that is the right thing to do. so I won't do it until i hear back from one of you guys. W/B :oops: :cry: :?

Bridgie
12-19-2005, 10:11 AM
See how today go first Flower before talking to your principle. You may find that the ativan does the trick and once you get there, everything will be okay. Let us know how it goes!

flower29
12-20-2005, 03:56 AM
Hi everybody work wasn't so bad nobody even ask me anything and nobody even looked like they really cared not even the prinicipal. I did not have to re-connect with my kids they were just happy i was back. i was really blowing it out of proportion. But that's me! ativan took me through the day but I have no more pills for immediate anxiety so I am going to have to face this week witout the help of medication aside from my normal anitdepressant. wish me luck! thanks so much for helping me through this! I'll keep you posted

brickyard_red
12-20-2005, 05:44 AM
I knew it would be alright. :) And when I told you before that you weren't going to have to reconnect with your kids, I wasn't just telling you what you wanted to hear, I knew you weren't going to have to do that. It's far enough into the year that that isn't going to happen. Just like when you go back after Christmas vacation, you won't have to reconnect with them then either. :wink:

I'm sure you will make it through this week. When can you get more medicine? Just wanted you to know that I am very happy that your day back to school wasn't nearly as bad as you were afraid it was going to be. :) YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Cath :)

shoe
12-20-2005, 07:42 AM
flower, I'm glad your day went well. Anticipatory anxiety can totally cloud our judgment as to what things may truly be like. I used to be like that - creating the worst-case scenario in my head prior to something, and then finding out later that the worry was all for nothing.

hope the rest of your week goes well too!

Bridgie
12-20-2005, 08:26 AM
That's great news Flower! Glad you made it through. We all get anxious before we have to go into a situation, but once there it doesn't seem so bad as we made it out to be in our minds. Good luck with the rest of the week! :D