PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety - Getting over it, but long term effects? and why now?

Lega
01-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Long story short, I have gone off the deep end for the past year. I made some minor social mistakes in my life around 7 years ago. My life was perfect up until a year ago when all of a sudden every bad thing that has ever happened to me popped in my head. Since December 2013 I have experienced the following on a day to do basis.
1. Lack of focus
2. Tense neck and back that has caused my neck/back to pop and crack.
3. Minor twitching in calves, hands, elbow.
4. Flush face and numb cheeks
5. Cloudy head and burning scalp.

My questions are:

1. What long term effects as this caused on my body? Thinking about the damage I have done to my skin/hair long term makes me more anxious.

2. Will this year long period leaving any permanent effects on my body?

I have read about cortisol and am worried that my odd behavior has/will lead to damaged skin, thus more wrinkles and fine lines and lead to baldness/grey hair.

Has cortisol already begun to injure my body long term? Can/will my body recover from this difficult year?

Has this year long period going to cause me any long term side effects?

Thank you all for reading!

PS - I am a male for reference.

Scott

JustaGal
01-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Long story short, I have gone off the deep end for the past year. I made some minor social mistakes in my life around 7 years ago. My life was perfect up until a year ago when all of a sudden every bad thing that has ever happened to me popped in my head. Since December 2013 I have experienced the following on a day to do basis.
1. Lack of focus
2. Tense neck and back that has caused my neck/back to pop and crack.
3. Minor twitching in calves, hands, elbow.
4. Flush face and numb cheeks
5. Cloudy head and burning scalp.

My questions are:

1. What long term effects as this caused on my body? Thinking about the damage I have done to my skin/hair long term makes me more anxious.

2. Will this year long period leaving any permanent effects on my body?

I have read about cortisol and am worried that my odd behavior has/will lead to damaged skin, thus more wrinkles and fine lines and lead to baldness/grey hair.

Has cortisol already begun to injure my body long term? Can/will my body recover from this difficult year?

Has this year long period going to cause me any long term side effects?

Thank you all for reading!

PS - I am a male for reference.

Scott

Read this for your answers
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/07/05/stress-effects.aspx

Goomba
01-09-2015, 06:12 PM
I came across this yesterday, and found it interesting. May be worth a watch for you - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWQfe__fNbs