PDA

View Full Version : Fighting

hannah0117
01-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Here at the office. Since I got panic attacks, i refuse being alone...
But here I am fighting the feeling of being "alone".
Today I decided to use the the office anyone barley go to..
I got this,,, face the fear... whew!

aml0017
01-07-2015, 07:33 PM
Good for you! It is a step forward. Every time we take little baby steps it becomes a little bit easier to do the next time. Keep on facing your fears until you no longer fear them.

MainerMikeBrown
01-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Many baby steps combined is the equilivent to huge steps, which can mean lots of success in overcoming your fears.

hannah0117
01-08-2015, 05:41 PM
Thank you guys! Wish you all well!

hannah0117
01-09-2015, 12:35 AM
Anyone experience like you felt like you are going to lose control of your hand or arms?
Or a feeling like you just become nervous over nothing?
I felt like that this past 2 days.... is it still anxiety symptoms?

aml0017
01-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Hannah getting nervous over nothing is the hallmark of anxiety. Anxiety is simply a misfiring of the body's fight or flight response. This is your body's response you danger, like say being chased by a lion or something. However with anxiety disorders this response happens even when there is no danger to speak of. Your adrenaline surges, your heart pounds, your senses are on edge.

This reaction can be different in everyone, and can even mimic a lot of symptoms of physical ailments like heart palpitations, etc. I'm not sure what you mean by losing control of your arms and legs but I know I've had tingling and numbness in my limbs during a panic attack, especially in my hands.

Just from personal experience I can tell you that any physical symptoms that I was ever anxious about were in fact CAUSED by anxiety. Whenever I have real ailments I don't feel anxious about it, I just go to the doctor. Your mind knows the difference.