PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know the medical diagnoses for how I'm feeling

rhill48
01-07-2015, 04:31 PM
My girlfriend's sister dropped her kids off so we could watch them while she went to do something. They're only 2 and 4 years old. After a minute of them being here I got really nervous. My anxiety has been acting up a lot randomly and its killing me. We began eating and I felt very uncomfortable talking to them. I then felt like I was dying, and said to her I think I'm having an anxiety attack. She told me I was very pale so I went downstairs to lay in bed. My heart dropped after several minutes and I broke into tears. I had feelings of anger, sadness, confusion, and so on. I almost broke blood vessels my anger was so bad I was squeezing as hard as I could for no reason while crying and struggling to breathe. Several minutes later after feeling horrible it stopped as usual. However after ever spell it seems like it never happened, I hurried to post this so I would have a quick reference to what had occurred. Does anybody know what this might be? I have been diagnosed with GAD, but I feel like it is way worse than that. I'm now very cold and shaking, I still have goosebumps as well. I really wanna stress that right after I have these types of attacks I almost feel as it never happened, however it could affect me 95% of the time the other 5% when I would be at the doctor trying to explain it the feeling is not there and they do not see the seriousness behind how I actually feel. I also am very unable to explain myself to people on subjects like these without breaking into tears, or feeling different at the time so I can't explain it. Please help me.

hannah0117
01-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Hey.. you are not alone here.. but sorry I'm still new with this thing we are fighting,, but i hope you well.

rhill48
01-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Its so weird I never heard of anybody having what I have exactly, but I figured I wasn't alone.

NixonRulz
01-07-2015, 06:41 PM
My girlfriend's sister dropped her kids off so we could watch them while she went to do something. They're only 2 and 4 years old. After a minute of them being here I got really nervous. My anxiety has been acting up a lot randomly and its killing me. We began eating and I felt very uncomfortable talking to them. I then felt like I was dying, and said to her I think I'm having an anxiety attack. She told me I was very pale so I went downstairs to lay in bed. My heart dropped after several minutes and I broke into tears. I had feelings of anger, sadness, confusion, and so on. I almost broke blood vessels my anger was so bad I was squeezing as hard as I could for no reason while crying and struggling to breathe. Several minutes later after feeling horrible it stopped as usual. However after ever spell it seems like it never happened, I hurried to post this so I would have a quick reference to what had occurred. Does anybody know what this might be? I have been diagnosed with GAD, but I feel like it is way worse than that. I'm now very cold and shaking, I still have goosebumps as well. I really wanna stress that right after I have these types of attacks I almost feel as it never happened, however it could affect me 95% of the time the other 5% when I would be at the doctor trying to explain it the feeling is not there and they do not see the seriousness behind how I actually feel. I also am very unable to explain myself to people on subjects like these without breaking into tears, or feeling different at the time so I can't explain it. Please help me.

Sounds like a full blown panic attack to me

And panic attacks always stop and nothing harmful ever occurs and then you go back to normal

That is the classic cycle. Affecting your heart rate and breathing while being very tense

The good news I suppose is that you say you went back to normal like always. Paraphrasing of course.

So you do understand that it is not dangerous, just annoying and frustrating

The reason panic sets in is because you start to notice something that is happening that you believe shouldn't. You started feeling scared whilst prepping to eat.

The feeling concerned you so you focused even more. Adrenaline begins to dump once you begin to develop some fear. The adrenaline dump causes even more concern because you feel like you need to get out of the situation and then the whole cycle finishes with just how you describe above

Panic attack is just your fight or flight response kicking in when you are not in any real danger.

Very manageable though. Once you stop to fear them, they usually stop.

You may still feel the adrenaline dump occasionally but you won't react to it since you know what it is so it is a very brief thought

hannah0117
01-07-2015, 07:09 PM
I'm also new here Rhill, just read the other threads, it helps knowing most of us here have the same symptoms still nothing bad happens and here we are still breathing and making new threads...:) eversince i joined the forum, I learned somehow control them.
Though I still have breathing problems sometimes....

rhill48
01-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Appreciate the feedback I figured it was a panic attack, just wish I didn't have the constant feeling of being uncomfortable in life seems like there is no joy even in the fun things.

Confusedpanic
01-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Yeah that sounds like a panic attack of some sort. I think we all interpret them and experience them differnetly. It took me months to realize what i was experiencing were actually panic attacks. A bit before my panic attacks I'd be crying for no reason, like I had no idea why, I just physically needed to cry. My panic attacks were more me just feeling spaced out, dizzy, and confused, but you may have it differnetly. It's not unusual for those symptoms in my opinion, and having gone through something similar myself, I can compeltely empathize. I'm not going to say it will work for you, but get your vitamin D levels checked if you can. Low levels can increase anxiety, and I know for me, taking a vitamin D supplement for my extremely low levels has really helped me function. A lot of people have had their panic attacks cured by getting their vitamin D up.

rhill48
01-11-2015, 11:23 PM
Yeah that sounds like a panic attack of some sort. I think we all interpret them and experience them differnetly. It took me months to realize what i was experiencing were actually panic attacks. A bit before my panic attacks I'd be crying for no reason, like I had no idea why, I just physically needed to cry. My panic attacks were more me just feeling spaced out, dizzy, and confused, but you may have it differnetly. It's not unusual for those symptoms in my opinion, and having gone through something similar myself, I can compeltely empathize. I'm not going to say it will work for you, but get your vitamin D levels checked if you can. Low levels can increase anxiety, and I know for me, taking a vitamin D supplement for my extremely low levels has really helped me function. A lot of people have had their panic attacks cured by getting their vitamin D up.
I used to take multi vitamins and fish oil and didn't actually notice a difference in my well being until i stopped. I'm back on fish oil and about to start multi vitamins again hopefully it'll help because I didn't notice a difference until i stopped taking them.