PDA

View Full Version : Can't Speak Normal Like Before

AcearBern
01-07-2015, 02:23 AM
I've come to a notice that my speech is becoming more and more distorted, and sometimes I would replace words that I normally use (in the past, 1-2 years ago) with words I barely use, and it feels so weird and awkward when I speak with my friends. And I feel like I lack so much confidence in my speech, sometimes when I'm speaking, half way through my sentence would stutter, or my tone would randomly change, and when I'm about to finish a sentence, I usually end it in a very awkward manner, because I can't speak smoothly, and quickly, and with confidence. This happens when I feel nervous, or angry, and when I'm having that shaky anxiety feeling. And this is really putting me down, because whenever I talk to my brother and my friends, this happens to me, and we used to talk very differently and we talked like as if we are best buddies, but now it's different, and I feel like this is making us less close from each other. But I know that it is not because of him that's causing this, I know that it is my surrounding and environment that's making me feel so anxious, and causing my speech to be like this. My brother is facing the same speech problem too, and it's hard to overcome this... Can somebody suggest a way to relieve my speech problem, or prevent this from happening? This occurs to me everyday and I am getting sick and tired of this.

onebreathatatime
01-07-2015, 09:46 AM
I've come to a notice that my speech is becoming more and more distorted, and sometimes I would replace words that I normally use (in the past, 1-2 years ago) with words I barely use, and it feels so weird and awkward when I speak with my friends. And I feel like I lack so much confidence in my speech, sometimes when I'm speaking, half way through my sentence would stutter, or my tone would randomly change, and when I'm about to finish a sentence, I usually end it in a very awkward manner, because I can't speak smoothly, and quickly, and with confidence. This happens when I feel nervous, or angry, and when I'm having that shaky anxiety feeling. And this is really putting me down, because whenever I talk to my brother and my friends, this happens to me, and we used to talk very differently and we talked like as if we are best buddies, but now it's different, and I feel like this is making us less close from each other. But I know that it is not because of him that's causing this, I know that it is my surrounding and environment that's making me feel so anxious, and causing my speech to be like this. My brother is facing the same speech problem too, and it's hard to overcome this... Can somebody suggest a way to relieve my speech problem, or prevent this from happening? This occurs to me everyday and I am getting sick and tired of this.

I have a speech issue where I'm trying to talk yet I feel like it's not coming out, I talked to my therapist about it and he didn't have much to say besides it was due to my anxiety :( I also have had the same things that you mention and honestly I feel like for me it's because my brain is on overload.

I just try to ignore it and not worry about it. maybe our brains are looking for a break from everything! Sorry I'm not much help in overcoming this as I have been just learning to deal with it. :(

Im-Suffering
01-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Read Page 2

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?8439-Shaky-voice-ALL-the-time/page2