PDA

View Full Version : panic while at rest

hannah0117
01-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Anyone here who experience having panic attacks while sleeping, or while at rest?
I usually experience that. While taking afternoon naps, watching tv, reading... my heart would just pump wildly...
I tried to go to work, and just ignore the heavy feeling... i havent experience full blown panic attacks lately...
Since I have my panic attacks, i dont want to be alone.
I cant go to the bathroom without someone waiting for me
I cant sleep without my husband beside me
I feel something is about to happen when i'm alone in a room..
I feel worried immediately if i was left alone in the grocery

Im-Suffering
01-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Anyone here who experience having panic attacks while sleeping, or while at rest?
I usually experience that. While taking afternoon naps, watching tv, reading... my heart would just pump wildly...
I tried to go to work, and just ignore the heavy feeling... i havent experience full blown panic attacks lately...
Since I have my panic attacks, i dont want to be alone.
I cant go to the bathroom without someone waiting for me
I cant sleep without my husband beside me
I feel something is about to happen when i'm alone in a room..
I feel worried immediately if i was left alone in the grocery

You must do something to diminish the fear (not the physical symptoms which are the results of the fear), at once. Either through medication, or whatever would symbolically act to supress the fear (even as a placebo as long as you believe in it). It could be a rain dance, for all that matters.

You can deal with the psychological reasons when you are , relatively stable, and clear.

Lorazepam, (ativan) would take the edge off.

Dahila
01-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Yes you should not suffer with panic attack, they are driving people crazy. Medication is an option but you never used anxiety medication, start from the herbs , at least my daughter uses the herbs extracts I make for her. Lemon balm extract is really powerful and helps with insomnia, helps a lot. Something like camomile tea is calming too. Valerian root extract, but do not over use. All herbs need to have break so let's say 3 weeks of taking lemon balm extract or tea, make a 2 weeks off:)
Young people and I somehow picture young lady, should start from easy meditation or visualization. We have tons of that on youtube and many others. Have you had some traumatic event in your life, and suppressed it?
Is there any possibility to talk to psychiatrist or therapist. I am sure there is many options.
When I was 8 years old I was witnessing death in hospital, it was not good for me. For years I was traumatized and scared to be alone in house, or even in room. Then I got a few German boxers and it helped to release some of the fear. At this time my children were toddlers but dogs gave me the safety and time to meditate:) try it, you would be surprised how much meditation help....