PDA

View Full Version : Struggling today

justbeme
01-04-2015, 03:39 PM
I know this isn't going to be easy. I went off of those meds that gave me such bad side effects I was not even functioning. Haven't had a full blown panic attack, but feel panicky. Like I can't get a full breath, tingly, feeeling like somethings not right, and my stomach is acting up, which makes me anxious in itself. *sigh*

hannah0117
01-04-2015, 04:23 PM
I tried my best not to take my meds... my doctor said i should only take them if my chest really hurts so bad... but the first time it was given to me, if i have palpitations i take them immediately.. i become too dependent with it... my husband encourages me to fight my anxiety w/o taking my meds too much

Im-Suffering
01-04-2015, 06:35 PM
I tried my best not to take my meds... my doctor said i should only take them if my chest really hurts so bad... but the first time it was given to me, if i have palpitations i take them immediately.. i become too dependent with it... my husband encourages me to fight my anxiety w/o taking my meds too much

Wrong, I suggested otherwise in your other thread. Your husband is incorrect. You are becoming dependent on him rather than meds. Take your power back, immediately, and do not fear criticism about your decisions to take back your life. You do it for you, not their approval of how you go about it. You are powerless. And this effects you even at rest. Any moment you can trigger into an episode because symbolically you are being kept helpless. You think taking medicine renders you helpless, and that is incorrect.

Psychologically, the fight, your husband's pressure, refusing to accept the meds, is fueling the physical sensations by exacerbating the fear as your dominant thoughts. Suffering is not mandatory.

The fight is against air, and so you are swinging wildly at nothing. In the dark people are afraid because they can't see. They are powerless.

I do feel for you because ultimately you will not listen to me. Who am I? Regardless eventually you will do what is right for you, not him (or anyone else you are susceptible to suggestions). When you decide not to suffer any more.

I behoove you, take the fear of dependency over the fear of death. Deal with coming down from them (drugs) at a later time if need be.

hannah0117
01-05-2015, 02:05 AM
I'm- suffering, thanks.. i open my mind more with someone who is or who have experienced anxiety like me. You guys understand me more than anyone

hannah0117
01-05-2015, 02:27 AM
I'm- suffering, thanks.. i open my mind more with someone who is or who have experienced anxiety like me. You guys understand me more than anyone

Im-Suffering
01-05-2015, 06:29 AM

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?30853-Worried&p=201148#post201148