PDA

View Full Version : Eye floaters/spots? Anyone else?

Jess Watkins
01-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Okay for about four weeks now I have been noticing tiny specks of purple in my vision, like when you look into a light for a long time and then look away, but much smaller, like a speck. It's mostly colored purple but it can be blue. I notice it when I look at a screen and look away quickly...but sometimes it happens for no reason. I also have eye floaters like when you look outside and see all the weird stuff flying around, except I see it while I'm inside.

Anyone else have this?

Goomba
01-04-2015, 01:07 AM
Every day of my life.

hannah0117
01-04-2015, 04:04 AM
I have those eye floaters sometimes... maybe its due to lack of oxygen from the brain?

Goomba
01-04-2015, 08:15 AM
No no.

You have a gel in your eye called the vitreous. As you age, and the gel becomes more stiff, small pieces sometimes break loose to form the floaters that we see. It happens to just about everyone, and is only really a concern if you suddenly get a massive amount of them in your vision. Otherwise, noticing them is just a normal aging process.

Ally'sMommy
01-04-2015, 09:26 AM
I have had them for years, but I use to work for an optomitrist who told me they are normal with age.

JustaGal
01-04-2015, 01:33 PM
I have had them for years, but I use to work for an optomitrist who told me they are normal with age.

Yes, some of them are dead blood cells. They work them selves out somehow.