PDA

View Full Version : my birthday

Saldav
01-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Today is my bday and I'm going through real overwhelming anxiety and depression, It's 4:23pm here in san diego California, I'm trying to go to sleep but I keep waking up with a jolt of anxiety. Has this ever happened to anyone else? The falling asleep and waking up in a jolt of anxiety?

aml0017
01-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Happy birthday Saldav! My birthday was yesterday and I have been feeling pretty anxious and depressed too. Mostly depressed. I haven't been having the obsessive recurring thoughts that come with anxiety. Rather I am feeling fine reading, watching TV or sleeping and then boom... A sudden overwhelming feeling of doom just comes over me. I guess that is kinda d of like what you are experiencing. It happened to me about 3 am this morning and when I woke I was so disoriented and had to remind myself I was safe in my bed. Makes it really hard to get back to sleep. I had to read for a couple hours before I calmed down. It just feels so lonely in the small hours of
the morning.

Tranquil
01-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Happy Birthday Saldav. Yes this happens to me a lot lately with my renewed anxiety. :(
Have you already started to taper your meds?
Is this something new for you to experience?
It is very common with both anxiety and depression. It is definitely not fun but try to relax in the moments when you don't feel this way and (like I am now in this moment feeling relaxed), try to remember you will have times of peace. Good luck.

Saldav
01-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Happy birthday Saldav! My birthday was yesterday and I have been feeling pretty anxious and depressed too. Mostly depressed. I haven't been having the obsessive recurring thoughts that come with anxiety. Rather I am feeling fine reading, watching TV or sleeping and then boom... A sudden overwhelming feeling of doom just comes over me. I guess that is kinda d of like what you are experiencing. It happened to me about 3 am this morning and when I woke I was so disoriented and had to remind myself I was safe in my bed. Makes it really hard to get back to sleep. I had to read for a couple hours before I calmed down. It just feels so lonely in the small hours of
the morning.

Thank you for the bday wishes, and for your reply.

Saldav
01-02-2015, 06:34 PM
Happy Birthday Saldav. Yes this happens to me a lot lately with my renewed anxiety. :(
Have you already started to taper your meds?
Is this something new for you to experience?
It is very common with both anxiety and depression. It is definitely not fun but try to relax in the moments when you don't feel this way and (like I am now in this moment feeling relaxed), try to remember you will have times of peace. Good luck.

No I haven't tapered off my meds, I have appointment with my shrink on the 20th, and will speak to her about it.

Thank you for the bday wishes.

NixonRulz
01-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Today is my bday and I'm going through real overwhelming anxiety and depression, It's 4:23pm here in san diego California, I'm trying to go to sleep but I keep waking up with a jolt of anxiety. Has this ever happened to anyone else? The falling asleep and waking up in a jolt of anxiety?

First, no one should be going to bed at 4:30

Second - happy birthday

If you try/go to sleep while anxious, it often has you waking up in a bit of panic

Very normal but none the less, a big pain in the ass

jessed03
01-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Happy birthday!!

What is with the trying to sleep at 4pm though? Bad sleep patterns?

Saldav
01-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Happy birthday!!

What is with the trying to sleep at 4pm though? Bad sleep patterns?

My anxiety gets so overwhelming that I rather be asleep.

JustaGal
01-02-2015, 11:31 PM

Happy birthday, sorry you are not feeling better. I woke up like that between 2-4 am. I believe it is a adrenaline dump. I ate a big spoonful of almond butter before going to bed and that seemed to help some. Blood sugar and cortisol spikes make anxiety worse and having some protein before bed helps the blood sugar. Of course I also needed a benzo over the almond butter at times. I have read tons of post from people on here that have the anxiety jolts while sleeping. The body just cant rest at those times.