PDA

View Full Version : Squeezing slight pain in middle of chest

Jess Watkins
01-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Hey everyone. Since yesterday I have been experiencing a slight "squeeze" (don't know how else to describe it) with a slight dull pain right in the middle of my chest that gets worse when I hold my breath or tense my ab muscles. Is this heart related or can I ignore it? I went to a doctor last month and did EKG and it came back normal and also had blood work done and it came back good too. I have been more anxious than usual this week. I am bobbing my leg up and down while I am sitting or in bed and I get distracted very easily by loud thoughts.

I also did some crazy back exercises two days ago in an effort to crack my back. I rolled into a ball and laid on the ground and did some Pilate moves.

It's hurting right now as I type this. It's not BAD pain, but it's like a dull ache kind of. Should I be worried about it? Has anyone had this before? It also is triggered when I think about stressful things or when I tense my body up.

NixonRulz
01-02-2015, 02:11 PM
If your heart and blood work have come back just fine, no need to worry about it

The exercises you described are more likely than not as the culprit

And yes, I and most others have felt the same symptoms and thought the same thing that it was heart related

I thought it so many times and nothing ever happened that I just grew bored with the whole cycle and it just stoppped

Im-Suffering
01-02-2015, 02:12 PM

I also did some crazy back exercises two days ago in an effort to crack my back. I rolled into a ball and laid on the ground and did some Pilate moves.

….........

Jemma8286
01-02-2015, 03:17 PM
I think I'm suffering has hit the nail on the head there. Try taking some painkillers and see if the pain disappears?

Kixxi
01-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Hey everyone. Since yesterday I have been experiencing a slight "squeeze" (don't know how else to describe it) with a slight dull pain right in the middle of my chest that gets worse when I hold my breath or tense my ab muscles. Is this heart related or can I ignore it? I went to a doctor last month and did EKG and it came back normal and also had blood work done and it came back good too. I have been more anxious than usual this week. I am bobbing my leg up and down while I am sitting or in bed and I get distracted very easily by loud thoughts.

It's hurting right now as I type this. It's not BAD pain, but it's like a dull ache kind of. Should I be worried about it? Has anyone had this before? It also is triggered when I think about stressful things or when I tense my body up.

I agree with the previous. You might have a slight injury. I am sure it will disappear over time. Have you talked to your doctor about the exercises you did and has he or she checked you for any injuries?