PDA

View Full Version : After 15 years of acute anxiety ive found the cure

jimmy
07-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Up until about a month ago I have been in what feels like a nightmare that is spun both day and night. losing every job I have ever had and every relationship I have finally found what works for me and what will work for everyone else! I want to share this with everyone as it will help everyone out there!
My story starts just over 15 years ago when I was 18 years old, I was helping a neighbour who had a refurbishing business and I was a passenger in his car. The night before I had been out with my friends and had a lot to drink and felt delicate to say the least! little did i know this would be the last time I did this! a panic came over me whilst we where driving down the road and he pulled into a layby where an ambulance crew had stopped to get some refreshments. Suspected of having heart problems I was rushed to hospital and told I had suffered an anxiety/panic attack! from that moment my life changed for the worst developing phobias of going in cars going outdoors having regular attacks and generally not enjoying my life. I met a few girls as I seem to have "good days and bad days" but it never lasted as the illness always effected things.
So all this time ive had this and it seems like a dream when I didnt have an all day feeling of a cocktail of different symptoms that scared the crap out of me!
So that pretty much brings me up to today! without going into the details that all of you alraedy know!
A couple of weeks ago I thought to myself ive had enough and brought some weights to train with, changed my diet to pretty much 0 fat and no artificial rubbish and Ive had the attitude that if this is going to kill me it better just get on and happen!
The first few dys where hell when the ache set in, the new diet the aching muscles where far from pleasant but ive felt different to all ive felt in the past, healthy body healthy mind! my new philpsophy is working and it can work for anyone else also!
one thing is for sure! and read these words carefully they will change your life!
ANXIETY AND PANIC IS SOMETHING THAT IS BORN IN YOUR MIND, IT MAY FEEL REAL BUT IT ISNT! AND ONE DAY WHEN YOU TRULY BELIVE THIS IT WILL BE GONE FOREVER! you can "BURN" it from your mind with excercise and diet!
one thing is for sure it will be the hardedst time of your life when you start but your mind is going to get stronger at the same time as your body does!
DONT go wasting your money on books that tell you how to do this, just do it!!!!!!!!!!!
I will keep a log of how its going for me and I hope you all find it useful!

jimmy

Robbed
07-26-2008, 06:15 AM
Acceptance is indeed key to recovery. But it is also interesting just how LITTLE you will hear about nutrition when it comes to recovery. Indeed, the pill-pushing health care community will DENY there is ANY connection (while steadfastly sticking to theories about genetic chemical imbalances that need to be corrected with pills). But the fact of the matter is that certain nutritional deficiencies can even CAUSE anxiety disorder all by themselves. Milder deficiencies may not cause anxiety, but can leave you more vulnerable to it during emotionally stressful times. In any case, while it is likely that improving diet can help GREATLY with anxiety, it is not necessary to go to zero fat. In fact, certain fats (ie omega 3 fats) are VERY helpful when it comes to treating problems like anxiety.

dyingtolive
07-31-2008, 12:07 PM
how r u doing on ur progress?

how about worrying if ull have the energy to workout.
do u get food cravings

what if u start a work out and then u are too tired , dont finish then get to a bad day

i use this approach also but its inconsistent for me

Robbed
07-31-2008, 04:05 PM
how r u doing on ur progress?

how about worrying if ull have the energy to workout.
do u get food cravings

what if u start a work out and then u are too tired , dont finish then get to a bad day

i use this approach also but its inconsistent for me

I have to admit that I am not NEARLY as hard-core as this guy when it comes to dietary changes. And, when it comes to exercising, I favor cardio over strength training. But whether you favor cardio vs strength training, you have to look at it in the same way when to comes to worrying about finishing a workout. Specifically, it doesn't matter whether you do or not. Because the worst that can possibly happen is that you won't be able to finish your workout, which is not the end of the world. Simply try your best, and see where it takes you. But at the same time, give it a real chance. If you, say, go for a hike, you might not feel so good for the first 10-15 minutes. But you will generally feel better after this. Keep this in mind when you think about quitting because you feel bad after a few minutes.