PDA

View Full Version : Seroxat Withdrawal Advice

karen1966
12-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Hi Everyone, I’m new to the forum and just looking for a little bit of advice please.

I have been on Seroxat for 17 years, starting with 20mg and then recently down to 10mg. I have been trying to slowly wean myself off these tablets for a couple of years, as the issues which caused me to start taking them have been resolved and I am in a much happier place. However, I have been completely unsuccessfully in doing so.

With the help of my Doctor, I started to take 10mg, every other day for a couple of weeks, then 5mg every other day for a couple of weeks, then she introduced me to a new tablet called Sertraline to take in tandem with the reduced dose of Seroxat. I then finally came off Seroxat after two weeks of doing this and was put solely on 100mg Sertraline daily for the immediate future.

The side effects to not taking Seroxat anymore have been horrible. I feel as if I’m in a constant ‘out-of-body’ state of mind, feeling woozy whilst I’m walking in straight lines, as if my body is running at 100 MPH, very low concentration levels and suffering from anxiety in situations where I really shouldn’t be. Due to these effects, my doctors has now advised me to take 25mg daily of Quetiapine, which I’m reluctant to do so having read very bad experiences online and not really wanting to introduce yet another drug to my system.

I’m just looking for a bit of advice as to whether anyone has experienced anything similar, whether you think I should try taking the Quetiapine or try to cope with the difficult withdrawal of the Seroxat.

Thanking you in advance,

Karen x

NixonRulz
12-29-2014, 01:42 PM
Hi Everyone, I’m new to the forum and just looking for a little bit of advice please.

I have been on Seroxat for 17 years, starting with 20mg and then recently down to 10mg. I have been trying to slowly wean myself off these tablets for a couple of years, as the issues which caused me to start taking them have been resolved and I am in a much happier place. However, I have been completely unsuccessfully in doing so.

With the help of my Doctor, I started to take 10mg, every other day for a couple of weeks, then 5mg every other day for a couple of weeks, then she introduced me to a new tablet called Sertraline to take in tandem with the reduced dose of Seroxat. I then finally came off Seroxat after two weeks of doing this and was put solely on 100mg Sertraline daily for the immediate future.

The side effects to not taking Seroxat anymore have been horrible. I feel as if I’m in a constant ‘out-of-body’ state of mind, feeling woozy whilst I’m walking in straight lines, as if my body is running at 100 MPH, very low concentration levels and suffering from anxiety in situations where I really shouldn’t be. Due to these effects, my doctors has now advised me to take 25mg daily of Quetiapine, which I’m reluctant to do so having read very bad experiences online and not really wanting to introduce yet another drug to my system.

I’m just looking for a bit of advice as to whether anyone has experienced anything similar, whether you think I should try taking the Quetiapine or try to cope with the difficult withdrawal of the Seroxat.

Thanking you in advance,

Karen x

It was horrible when I came off of Effexor

As much as it helped when I was at my worse, damn, I felt like I was always out of body when withdrawing

I can't tell you what you should do since I am not familiar with what your doc is suggesting you go on

It's just a matter of how much you can take. I didn't take anything that helped the withdraw but had I know there was such a thing, I certainly would have considered it

Hope things ease for you