PDA

View Full Version : Last hope..

lianne35
12-29-2014, 04:32 AM
Hello,
I am a young woman from Holland and i am desperate. Writing this email is awful. I experience horror feelings for over a year. My dr. says I have anxiety and stress. In my blood they can't find anything. Tomorrow I have a MRI scan of my head. I don't know if I experience withdrawal symptoms from taking Alprazolam. I take 1 mg a day, now i reduced to 0,5 mg. When I reduced the symptoms became stronger and stronger. For over a year now I can't work, and my life is most of the time at home. When I do my best I sometimes can go out, but not in stores or something my head goes crazy..:(

My symptoms:
-Weird feeling in head when i am trying to concentrate, focus. Just like it is unable to do. My neck has big pressure when i am doing this. I only want to lie down dan on the couch and I am exhausted. It already there with simple things like making food or I want to see how the oven works. This is most horror feeling i experience.
-racing thoughts and body when waking up. Feels like a care drove over me. My muscle ache so much and I feel exhausted.
-When I do my walk outside for over 1 hour after my muscles feel so sore. Like restless legs. It is a itchy pain not normal muscle pain.
-I have difficulty with speeking and finding words.
-When i am upset and want to make my point in a discussion it doesn't work, my neck wil swollen en wil get thight and breathing gets difficult.
-my hands are stiff and my ear hurts.
-i have weird dreams, sometimes I scratch myself in my sleep, sometimes body parts are sleeping when I wake up en It is so scaring.
-My eyes burn a lot and I am unable to get sharp.
-When I walk into a store a strange feeling is there because of all the incentives. Diner in a restaurants seems to go right, I don't know why.
-My heart races sometimes.

When I am drinking a glas of wine a feel a sort of relieve, but this can't be the solution.

Please, please If you recognize something please answer, I was a young, active beautiful woman, but now I feel like a 92 year old...I don't know how long I can take this. If I hear your stories maybe there is a relief.

Lots of love from Holland!

NixonRulz
12-29-2014, 05:42 AM
Hello,
I am a young woman from Holland and i am desperate. Writing this email is awful. I experience horror feelings for over a year. My dr. says I have anxiety and stress. In my blood they can't find anything. Tomorrow I have a MRI scan of my head. I don't know if I experience withdrawal symptoms from taking Alprazolam. I take 1 mg a day, now i reduced to 0,5 mg. When I reduced the symptoms became stronger and stronger. For over a year now I can't work, and my life is most of the time at home. When I do my best I sometimes can go out, but not in stores or something my head goes crazy..:(

My symptoms:
-Weird feeling in head when i am trying to concentrate, focus. Just like it is unable to do. My neck has big pressure when i am doing this. I only want to lie down dan on the couch and I am exhausted. It already there with simple things like making food or I want to see how the oven works. This is most horror feeling i experience.
-racing thoughts and body when waking up. Feels like a care drove over me. My muscle ache so much and I feel exhausted.
-When I do my walk outside for over 1 hour after my muscles feel so sore. Like restless legs. It is a itchy pain not normal muscle pain.
-I have difficulty with speeking and finding words.
-When i am upset and want to make my point in a discussion it doesn't work, my neck wil swollen en wil get thight and breathing gets difficult.
-my hands are stiff and my ear hurts.
-i have weird dreams, sometimes I scratch myself in my sleep, sometimes body parts are sleeping when I wake up en It is so scaring.
-My eyes burn a lot and I am unable to get sharp.
-When I walk into a store a strange feeling is there because of all the incentives. Diner in a restaurants seems to go right, I don't know why.
-My heart races sometimes.

When I am drinking a glas of wine a feel a sort of relieve, but this can't be the solution.

Please, please If you recognize something please answer, I was a young, active beautiful woman, but now I feel like a 92 year old...I don't know how long I can take this. If I hear your stories maybe there is a relief.

Lots of love from Holland!

Greetings from the States! We can be quite the hot mess here as well

Your symptoms simply tell me you have an anxiety disorder and my symptoms mirrored yours for many years.

The good news - you can get past this. Quite easily actually once you alter your beliefs a bit

The problem that I had was that my mind was so busy racing and thinking crazy thoughts that I never could calm down to a point where I could focus on changing my beliefs once I truly understood what an anxiety disorder was and how it affected me.

I chose to go on a SSRI. Effexor was the one that worked for me.

After a few weeks, my mind calmed and I was able to think clearly

Once that happened I researched my disorder passionately to learn how to stop associating my thoughts with reality

Any negative thought I contributed to anxiety, not what I typically would associate it with such as a heart attack, thinking I was going crazy, etc...

As bad of a place as you are in now, I can absolutely guarantee to you, based on my very similar history, this can be beaten and you can have a fantastic life.

I love doing things now that I used to fear or had negative physical reactions to. I actually believe I enjoy life more now than ever

So I see a positive side to my long road with anxiety

I didn't seek help for so long and I have found that today, people search for help much sooner

You can and will get through this. Promise. :)