PDA

View Full Version : Am I developing agoraphobia?

pinkpears333
07-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Whenever I experience an anxiety attack, which has been been often lately, I feel like I just want to run to my apartment. Whenever, I leave my apartment, I get this feeling of dread. I wonder if something bad might happpen-what if I faint or die or go crazy? I get these uncomfortable sensations such as dizziness or a really bad headache as if someone is squeezing my head. The anxiety kicks in full blast and I just want to run back to my apartment. It leaves me feeling sad and helpless because I love to go out but the feelings of panic are so strong that I just want to stay home and never leave. In addition, the panic attacks leave me with derealization and I feel like it's a dream and I hate feeling like that in a public place. It makes me feel so out of my element.

Matt_H
08-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Sounds pretty textbook to me. I'm an "agoraphobic" myself. Experiencing panic in public is the worst, and that's how most agoraphobia starts. Just realize that anxiety isn't going to make you faint, or die (sometimes it feels that way). Getting out and desensitizing yourself more and more helps. You need to find ways to cope. And as much as this forum is a wonderful resource, it can only help you so much. My advice would be to see a mental health professional, whether it be a psychologist, licensed clinical social worker, whoever's available. I wouldn't recommend starting off with seeing a psychiatrist as they're not really there to talk. They're main goal is to sign you off on a script and schedule you for next month. (Yes I may have a bias against them).

Take Care,
-Matt

louiseevans222
07-24-2010, 08:11 AM
It can really be horrible I know ive been there, I suffered agoraphobia, I never wanted to stay with my fam and freinds, I was so scared about losing my mind, in fact i thought i was losing my mind...

I was always panicky, and I used to cry to myself thinking it will never go away...

I recommend something that has helped me, its a powerful software to reprogramme thinking,because it only comes from the mind...

Once your mind is in peace, you can start enjoying you life...

check my link out below to get FREE instant access to this tool

milanna
09-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Ive only been developing on a XP box for a little over a week and now I have shifted to a Vista Dev box and the process doesnt seem to be the same
Anyone know why / have any info that would help?

Thank you kindly.