PDA

View Full Version : Does texting make your anxiety worse?

amielou
12-27-2014, 10:18 AM
I have bad anxiety about my friends, paranoid that they don't really like me, and are meeting up without me behind my back - yeah I know I sound mental. Does anyone ever feel though as if they are always the first person to text and to make the effort? Like if you didn't text someone they would never make the effort to see you or ask you what you were up to/do you wanna do something? It's making me feel really paranoid that i'm forcing people who don't really like me to see me and being a really needy person.

PanicCured
12-28-2014, 02:13 AM
I have bad anxiety about my friends, paranoid that they don't really like me, and are meeting up without me behind my back - yeah I know I sound mental. Does anyone ever feel though as if they are always the first person to text and to make the effort? Like if you didn't text someone they would never make the effort to see you or ask you what you were up to/do you wanna do something? It's making me feel really paranoid that i'm forcing people who don't really like me to see me and being a really needy person.

Interesting post. I know what you mean. Without knowing you of course I can't know if it's real or in your mind, but I definitely have experienced this. I found that some friends just do not call you or invite you places, yet when I see them, they are buddies with me. It is weird and I don't understand it. I think people nowadays connect even less than before. Before without internet and cell phones you had to call the person at home and actually plan to meet. Texting, forums, chats and Facebook kind of causes people to want to gather less. It fulfills a community feeling even though it is such an inferior way of hanging out.

One thing I have learned is caring if people like you or not really gets you nowhere. I don't know why a few of my good friends rarely call me these days. I am not sure I even know what a friend is anymore, to be honest. One day they are your friend, next bitter enemy. One day you have a lover, next you are broken up.

I think you really just have to do the best you can and make your short life here as best as you can. Getting caught up in other people's drama and what they think about you is just not worth it. So many people's minds are so cluttered and in a state of confusion they probably don't even know what they are doing. They really are just tools for your journey in life anyway. Somehow try and make a happy life for yourself and you can't really force people to treat you the way you want to be treated.