PDA

View Full Version : Weird motor symptoms...scared

Jess Watkins
12-26-2014, 05:15 PM
Well, my health fears are back, namely MS or brain tumor. Today I feel kinda DRDR-ish, like numb almost? I feel weird. Just out of sorts. Anyway all day today I have noticed very weird and frightening neurological things like my tongue feels weird, like heavy. It feels like it twists and turns...two times today when I talked I slurred and mashed my words up for a second (fear of brain tumor heightened here we go). I have a nervous stutter and maybe it is just heightened because I am really tired right now? I fixed my sleep schedule last week (used to stay up all night and sleep all day) and I have been having a very hard time adjusting to it. I'm waking up at 5 am and by the time noon rolls around I am already tired, but I push myself to go through the day because I am not a nap person and whenever I take naps I have weird dreams and wake up with a fast heartbeat.

Right now my throat feels kind of tight...like clenched. I tried to do a nerve test on my tongue to make sure everything is "fine" by wagging it back and forth in my mouth and found that after a few wags it got weak and went to the side and paused. I am so freaking scared. ALS, brain tumor, MS, brain infection...everything brain related is running thru my mind right now.

Overall I just feel...weak. My muscles get tired after I use them for a few seconds. That can't be from anxiety and stress can it? Please someone tell me you've had this before...

Jess Watkins
12-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Also I had a bad panic attack last night...could my body just be worn out from that and is just showing signs of it by feeling heavy and weak and DPDR?

Joe.
12-26-2014, 05:50 PM
What I think is, it's all the adrenaline a panic attack produces. With me there's always a 'come down' after a panic attack, can last like 2 days, full of just aches and emotional numbness. You're brain is just tired.
Look into mindfulness, it will really help you that!
Anxiety can give you all the sensations you feel, but anxiety itself can cause medical problems, so maybe get yourself medically checked and then you have a bit less to worry about.
Hope this helps, and you feel better soon!

normnorman18
12-27-2014, 08:45 PM
I get similar symptoms when I am over tired and with your new adjustments to your sleep pattern is what might be causing this. You can't always jump to the worst case scenario if you are this concerned about issues with your brain you should consult with a doctor for a CAT scan. I find my body does strange things during times of anxiety. Just ask yourself how many people have died from anxiety attacks, the answer is none, although uncomfortable all the symptoms pass.