PDA

View Full Version : High stress levels

ann06
07-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Hi there iam 26 m suffering anxiety since more than 15 years started on medication since 5 years, my health is down and on the edge.
tried anafranil w xanax 6 monht then prozac then zoloft then now am taking lexapro 10 mg. since i started lexapro i started to feel better less side effects and so and living my life almost normal. until recently iam starting to have extra stress in the morning each day like more adrenaline with inner trembling and what is accompanies which leads to the end of the day to reach home watch tv and sleep
and the cycle goes on.
what is the reason of this everyday extra stress for no reason !!! with the feeling of contracted stomach and tight throat :@
what is the hell with me specialy when i eat my sandwish or carb i start shaking
am not able to work comfortably and not enjoying to speak to ppl as if it gives my tiredness when i have conversation with somebody. how to beat this extra adrenaline that pumps in my heart with every thought or move i do
am always in emergency mode !!! what is the way to get relief take xanax ? or go gp or go physiciatrist?
please help meeee :roll:

The Melody of Rain
07-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Xanax will ease your symptoms and relax your mind and body temporarily, but therapy will have far longer lasting effects. If your anxiety issue has been present for 15 years then you should definitely get yourself to a psychiatrist as soon as possible.

I've had success with Xanax and Dalmane in the past, but they're highly addictive. At one point I took 5mgs of dalmane for a week and it calmed me down for months afterwards until a freak incident upset my life. I think it worked so well because I was anxious about the physical symptoms, so as soon as the medication got rid of them I was fine.

02Batmobile
08-01-2008, 03:56 PM
It is very normal for someone to feel an increase of anxiety in the morning and feel relaxed towards the end of the day. Or it could be vice versa, where some feel more relaxed in the beginning of the day and feel more anxious towards the end of the day.

What has helped me was to realize that what I was feeling is anxiety and not get so worked up on it. I know it can be hard but in time, the anxiety will lessen. I wouldn't use Xanax all the time. Try a therapist that specializes in Anxiety and also try a group therapy on anxiety. Talk about it and get it off your chest. You'll feel better and your anxiety will drop as you become more accepting to the anxiety. Remember one thing: Anxiety can not hurt you. It is an uncomfortable feeling only.

Hang in there, :)
-James (AOL Instant Message Me!!)