PDA

View Full Version : I just need to vent today :( having an episode..

glimmer2525
12-18-2014, 07:32 PM
I don't know how much more of this I can take..

Today I've had about 3 panic attacks. In fact I'm still not quite over the 3rd one as I type this. Just needing a means of distraction and to vent out my frustrations. Day by day, my life is accommodating to this personal hell. In other words, anxiety is making me it's bit*h. I'm on Buspar right now, and I also have a prescription for something else but I try to avoid that one as it puts me straight to sleep and, well, I don't want to be sleeping all the time. What I want is my life back. I want to do all the things I used to do. It's funny, I used to be so fearless. Now I avoid almost everything under the sun.

I made an appointment with a naturopathic doctor but her next available appointment isn't until the end of next month. She's going to be testing me for food sensitivities, hormonal imbalances, all that good stuff. But just what the hell am I supposed to do with myself until then? My mother thinks that maybe I have some sort of magnesium deficiency. It's also highly likely that I have a Vitamin D deficiency. None of this was mentioned in my most recent bloodwork, however, perhaps those specific panels weren't ran. All I want is to know WHY my body/brain is doing this to me. Perhaps there's a very good reason, or perhaps no reason at all. I just want to know for sure :'(

Until my appointment, I know I'll do my best to take good care of myself, but I also am returning to work in a couple of weeks. I'm scared shitless. Everyone keeps trying to talk to me like I'm the one in control here, but I don't feel like I am. This is the most awful hell-beast I've ever had to deal with. Day in, and day out, it's the same racing heart (or palpitating/irregular heartbeat), sweating hands, dizziness, trembling, choking, manual breathing, feeling like there's a golf ball in my throat. I HATE THIS. I want my life back :( I want to be ME again.

trinidiva
12-19-2014, 07:02 AM
I have been there! I understand that feeling like you just want your old life back. Hang in there my friend! Get all the necessary tests done just to be sure it isnt something like a vitamin deficiency and if not, then start fighting like crazy to get your life back. Keep an open mind and be willing to try new things to help tackle your anxiety. If one thing doesnt work....try something else. Exercise helps. Even if you just force yourself outside for a 30 minute walk each day, do it. Try to eat better. Cut back on salt and processed foods. Cured or processed meats can trigger anxiety.....MSG in Chinese food is a no go......I personally try to cut out all caffeine after 5pm. Try things like meditation, which can help clear your mind. Go to YouTube and look up meditation sessions.....you would be surprised how much just clearing your mind for a short time helps. Make sure to get proper rest.
Clear out negative influences in your life. It cant fully be done overnight but once you start....it gets easier.

Most of all......just take things one day at a time!

glimmer2525
12-23-2014, 08:55 AM
I have been there! I understand that feeling like you just want your old life back. Hang in there my friend! Get all the necessary tests done just to be sure it isnt something like a vitamin deficiency and if not, then start fighting like crazy to get your life back. Keep an open mind and be willing to try new things to help tackle your anxiety. If one thing doesnt work....try something else. Exercise helps. Even if you just force yourself outside for a 30 minute walk each day, do it. Try to eat better. Cut back on salt and processed foods. Cured or processed meats can trigger anxiety.....MSG in Chinese food is a no go......I personally try to cut out all caffeine after 5pm. Try things like meditation, which can help clear your mind. Go to YouTube and look up meditation sessions.....you would be surprised how much just clearing your mind for a short time helps. Make sure to get proper rest.
Clear out negative influences in your life. It cant fully be done overnight but once you start....it gets easier.

Most of all......just take things one day at a time!

Thank you trinidiva for your tips and advice. Really gave me some hope in a vulnerable moment. Things are still shaky, but I haven't given up yet.