PDA

View Full Version : Afraid

BWACIT
12-16-2014, 11:49 PM
Okay, I really want responses to this PLEASE!! So I honestly am really scared..I honestly don't know why I do this. Always skin my knees on purpose. I fall directly onto the cement knees first and just rub them against the ground. I don't actually lose blood, and I don't do it for control, I just love skinning my knees. What is the matter with me!!!!! Plz help..

mndmln
12-19-2014, 04:42 PM
I don't have a diagnosis or reason why you do what you do, but for prevention I might suggest knee pads as a first step.

1Bluerose68
12-19-2014, 04:58 PM
Well STOP IT!

trinidiva
12-19-2014, 05:14 PM
It might be an issue you need to talk to your therapist about to get to tge root of the issue. Do you enjoy the pain of the skinned knees?

1Bluerose68
12-22-2014, 09:20 PM
Externally you may not bleed on your knees, however internally your body still bleeds and suffers injury from that type of activity if no padding to soften the fall. Thats why hockey and football and roller derby players wear padding when they fall. Its not natural to fall directly on your knees. Later in life you could even need knee surgery for joint replacement due to this rough treatment of your self towards the knees. Purchase a punching bad and some padded gloves and punch away at the hanging or standing punching bad. Or go for a nice walk when you feel like hurting yourself, thank goodness you have great knees to even walk on.