PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety abd exhaustion

billash
12-15-2014, 04:25 PM
I does anyone have any insight or experience bouts of indescribable overwhelming fatigue/exhaustion due to anxiety? And I don't mean after a panic attack. I mean exhaustion like u get with flu (I don't have flu). The kind that leaves u unable to literally DO ANYTHING and is so bad that u feel it'll never pass???

billash
12-15-2014, 09:07 PM
Seriously anyone??

aml0017
12-15-2014, 09:23 PM
I find anxiety to be very exhausting especially after long uninterrupted episodes. Add the lack of sleep and not being able to eat normally and you have a perfect recipe for fatigue. I will say I have never been so exhausted I couldn't function. I can always do what I have to do physically it is my motivation that is lacking.

Do you feel weak and shaky when you do normal everyday things like cleaning, walking etc or is it just a matter of nit being able to find the will to get up out of bed? Anxiety is also mentally exhaustive, all that ruminating and obsessive worrying is tiring. It is not unlike physical fatigue. You CAN do things physically you just can't find the motivation. When my anxiety is in full gear even little things like brushing my teeth feels like to much work.

billash
12-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Thanks aml. Yeah it's more of a feeling of being weak and shakey. Like I have flu except fatigue is the only symptom. It's starting to freak me out. So much so I'm having a panic attack that don't leak right now :( dunno how I'm typing

billash
12-15-2014, 09:26 PM
Thanks aml. Yeah it's more of a feeling of being weak and shakey. Like I have flu except fatigue is the only symptom. It's starting to freak me out. So much so I'm having a panic attack that don't leak right now :( dunno how I'm typing I meant peak not leak. Sorry

aml0017
12-15-2014, 09:40 PM
The more you think about it the more anxious you are getting which just makes your heart rate go up, it makes your breathing more shallow, it just makes you feel more exhausted. Then you feel more anxious.....and so on.

Think about breathing. You breathe all day every day and never think about it. But if all of a sudden you start thinking about your breathing it seems weird like you can't do it normally.

There is NO danger, there is nothing to fear. It is just thoughts and thoughts never killed anyone. I have had so many panic attacks and I'm still here.