PDA

View Full Version : question about palpitations/flutters

james1321
12-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Hi, is it possible to feel like palpitations or flutters in your throat?? Its a weird type feeling that's hard to describe my pulse rate is fine but Ive had worries about my heart for years. In the last 3 yrs I had 3 ekgs and numerous blood tests and visits to the gp and hospital and they always say I'm ok but its hard to accept. I'm 26 no previous heart problems with either parents or me.

Xerosnake90
12-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Why do you keep worrying about heart problems when you've been checked out and no family history of issues? You're introducing and holding on to the idea. Your heart is fine.

Begin to make notice of the times you question your heart. When you do, think to yourself what can I do to not worry about this? An answer will come to you if you truly want it to. Follow the answer.

PanicCured
12-15-2014, 02:32 AM
Hi, is it possible to feel like palpitations or flutters in your throat?? Its a weird type feeling that's hard to describe my pulse rate is fine but Ive had worries about my heart for years. In the last 3 yrs I had 3 ekgs and numerous blood tests and visits to the gp and hospital and they always say I'm ok but its hard to accept. I'm 26 no previous heart problems with either parents or me.

Maybe I can help out with my own experience. You know what's weird is I have had "hart flutters" or "skipped beats" for over 15 years. I also did every test in the book to find nothing wrong. When my anxiety went away I still would get these. Usually a few times a week. Mostly premature beats. All of a sudden I was getting them all day long, about every 10 minutes. I could not figure out what it was. Went back to the cardiologist and again not a problem. Then after 2 weeks it stopped and back to a few times a week. Then I was like, hmmm I guess they are gone. Then it came back a few months later the ones where they were throughout the day. That lasted for a few days now I barely get them at all. Maybe a few I feel a week which is nothing. They are not related to any anxiety. I drink coffee and green tea since they went away and have not noticed them coming more.

I came up with an idea though. I think it is possible they happen with dryness. I was eating an insane amount of hot sauce. I thought maybe the sauce was drying me out, like an internal dryness kind of thing causing these palpitations. I cut out a lot of spicy food. I took some herbs that are healing and mostioning and heart healing herbs. Did this make it better? The verdict still is not out yet, but I do eat spicy food again, but much less than before. I also added 100-200 mg of potassium chelate occasionally.

One thing my cardiologist and I talked about though, was exercise makes them better for me. When I get my heart cranking fast, they rarely occur. He agreed this is typical. I actually found a doctor that is super kind and takes lots of time with me. He puts his arm on my shoulder as he walked me out of the room. Real stand up guy. He gave me meds I never took.

So I barely get them now, and when I do I don't worry about it, but experiment with cutting out drying spicy food and sauces and see if it helps. They are a weird thing! I say, once tests all come out fine, the worrying should stop.