PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety worry, again.

Joe.
12-13-2014, 05:56 AM
I accidentally hit the back of my head on something a few days ago, ever since that I've heard a light clicking sound in the back of my head when I turn my head left after it's positioned facing right. This is really worrying me!
What could it be? Any advise?

Im-Suffering
12-13-2014, 06:15 AM
I accidentally hit the back of my head on something a few days ago, ever since that I've heard a light clicking sound in the back of my head when I turn my head left after it's positioned facing right. This is really worrying me!
What could it be? Any advise?

Clicking sounds are too far fetched for even google, and so you ask here, the place where symptoms run rampant like rabbits and everyone has had everything under the sun.

Clarity. Stop and think clearly. All-ways.

Concussion would have severe symptoms. Look them up. Give the neck a few days to re-adjust. After your knock.

Trust the body. Even after this event has passed. And don't continually test it by bruising it up, just to see how your psychological state is doing.

"If I bang myself pretty good, let's see what I do, will I panic? Let's judge how far I've come....oh shit I'm back to square one""ill never beat this thing" "now I can be entitled to my depression"

You should be thinking about productive things, like having a great life.

If the thought "I want a great life" doesn't feel right....doesn't feel doable....or so distant...then youve got better work to do than examine clicks.

Joe.
12-13-2014, 06:29 AM
Clicking sounds are too far fetched for even google, and so you ask here, the place where symptoms run rampant like rabbits and everyone has had everything under the sun.

Clarity. Stop and think clearly. All-ways.

Concussion would have severe symptoms. Look them up. Give the neck a few days to re-adjust. After your knock.

Trust the body. Even after this event has passed. And don't continually test it by bruising it up, just to see how your psychological state is doing.

"If I bang myself pretty good, let's see what I do, will I panic? Let's judge how far I've come....oh shit I'm back to square one""ill never beat this thing" "now I can be entitled to my depression"

You should be thinking about productive things, like having a great life.

If the thought "I want a great life" doesn't feel right....doesn't feel doable....or so distant...then youve got better work to do than examine clicks.

I see what you're saying. But this click can't be nothing, right?
Google has some things on it, ear problems etc.
" Even after this event has passed. And don't continually test it by bruising it up, just to see how your psychological state is doing." I don't quite get what that means

Im-Suffering
12-13-2014, 06:34 AM
." I don't quite get what that means

It means you must face your fears. And if your afraid of white coats you'll always put yourself in positions of having to see them. Period. (The test)

This is a haphazard and unenlightened way of trying to deal with unresolved issues.

If you get over your fear, you won't have so many symptoms to trigger you to face the fear.

Joe, where is your dad in all of this?

Joe.
12-13-2014, 06:40 AM
It means you must face your fears. And if your afraid of white coats you'll always put yourself in positions of having to see them. Period. (The test)

This is a haphazard and unenlightened way of trying to deal with unresolved issues.

If you get over your fear, you won't have so many symptoms to trigger you to face the fear.

Joe, where is your dad in all of this?

Funny you asked me where my dad is in all of this. Today I am meeting him for the first time in ages. He's not really in any of it. Ex drug-addict, alcoholic....

I see your insight, my main reason for fearing doctors is the idea that I could end up in a hospital, which is an even greater fear for me.

Im-Suffering
12-13-2014, 07:00 AM
Funny you asked me where my dad is in all of this. Today I am meeting him for the first time in ages. He's not really in any of it. Ex drug-addict, alcoholic....

It's not your fault Joe, your a great person, and a human being. You deserve to be here, and have a right to be heard and have a wonderful life.

Feel me Joe.

Joe.
12-13-2014, 07:03 AM
It's not your fault Joe, your a great person, and a human being. You deserve to be here, and have a right to be heard and have a wonderful life.

Feel me Joe.

Thank you! You are a great person too, I don't really know you personally, but to have such wonderful advise it has to come from your heart .
I really do appreciate that

Im-Suffering
12-13-2014, 07:13 AM
Thank you! You are a great person too, I don't really know you personally, but to have such wonderful advise it has to come from your heart .
I really do appreciate that

We are doing 2 threads at once, and invaded that poor kids thread :)

Know the health anxiety is an offshoot and not a cause. When the feelings are addressed the worry will fade. Link it to your dad, and family dynamics. Have some talks about things.

That's all for this morning.

Joe.
12-13-2014, 07:23 AM
We are doing 2 threads at once, and invaded that poor kids thread :)

Know the health anxiety is an offshoot and not a cause. When the feelings are addressed the worry will fade. Link it to your dad, and family dynamics. Have some talks about things.

That's all for this morning.

Yeah, thanks. I'll try to address my feelings.

Im-Suffering
12-13-2014, 07:24 AM
One last thing. The neck issues are related to the meeting with dad (a pain in your neck).

Symbolic of your relationship and difficulty expressing emotions.

Don't worry about it. Express yourself.