PDA

View Full Version : Dreams and anxiety/agoraphobia

Ambition
12-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Hi
I've been get anxiety attacks and agoraphobia for about 4 years.

Recently on several occasions I have been dreaming of cycling to my local college and cycling there is the thing I look forward to and enjoy the most. I just can't wait to get my bike. I no longer go to college and the place was demolished about 5 years ago.

The strange thing is I've never been that enthusiastic about cycling and now I have a car. But still this re-occurring dream is strange especially for someone with agoraphobia.

I went to college when I was younger about 10 years ago, and really enjoyed college, I was confident and very outgoing then and had no anxiety :) those were the happiest years of my life. But I never used to cycle to college as I preferred to walk or go by bus.

What does this dream mean, if it has any meaning?

Joe.
12-08-2014, 03:36 PM
It's a guess, but it could be a reflection of your desire to feel like you once did. I don't know, maybe.

Ambition
12-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Maybe the cycling is so great in the dream because it's the thought of propelling myself to the college or where I want to be. Like a break out for independence.

When I dream of cycling I feel free I feel powerful.

It's not that I'm a cycling enthusiast but it's maybe a sign of independence. Of me beating the anxiety that's holding me down.