PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety disirder and missing meds

billash
12-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Hi I have a query. I'm on 20mg of escitalopram (lexapro here in Ireland) for anxiety disorder. Today I am 99% sure I forgot to take it this morning. I'm not feeling great as day and evening go on and feel "swimmy headed" and when I move I feel my head has to "catch up". Also I feel "removed from everything" and quite distressed. I'm asking if anyone has had same experience after missing ONE dose and also is it normal to feel this way. Feeling very scared tonight.

Mike Castillo
12-03-2014, 08:07 PM
hi, yes, that has happened to me before, if I were you, I would take it as soon as possible.

billash
12-03-2014, 08:18 PM
hi, yes, that has happened to me before, if I were you, I would take it as soon as possible.

Thanks Mike. That's really good to know. I wasn't sure if I was imagining symptoms. I'm in Ireland and its 3:15am and I take it in morning so I'll hold off til then.
Thanks for the reply it's really appreciated

gypsylee
12-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Lexapro has a longer half-life than that - I can miss a couple of days no problem. But everyone's chemistry is different I guess.

Edit: The "catch up" thing you describe is a common SSRI withdrawal symptom.

Hope you feel better soon :)

billash
12-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Lexapro has a longer half-life than that - I can miss a couple of days no problem. But everyone's chemistry is different I guess. Edit: The "catch up" thing you describe is a common SSRI withdrawal symptom. Hope you feel better soon :)

Thanks gypsy lee. Yes even today I'm feeling th same but since taking dose this morning it seems to be "righting" itself. Thank u for your reply. What a horrible day/night that was! I'm quite sensitive to Meds (who isn't!) so I'm guessing it was missing the lexapro that had/has me feeling this way.

Mike Castillo
12-06-2014, 06:20 AM
Morning Billash, I pray your feeling better. You should strongly look into doing some exersices like MBCT while you take meds. It has helpd me out tremendously.

billash
12-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Morning Billash, I pray your feeling better. You should strongly look into doing some exersices like MBCT while you take meds. It has helpd me out tremendously.
Hi mike thanks for the message. Much appreciated. I'm up And down but still going thank u. Cani ask what is MBCT?

Mike Castillo
12-06-2014, 08:29 PM
I try to take life moment by moment, with Gods help it has made it possible for me to make it through the roughest days imaginable to a human. Mindfulness Behavioral Cognitive Therapy. It has helped me out tremendously. Many Psychiatrists that have studied depression and anxiety have some astonishing findings from subjects that incorporated MBCT into their lives while taking meds.

billash
12-07-2014, 07:46 PM
I try to take life moment by moment, with Gods help it has made it possible for me to make it through the roughest days imaginable to a human. Mindfulness Behavioral Cognitive Therapy. It has helped me out tremendously. Many Psychiatrists that have studied depression and anxiety have some astonishing findings from subjects that incorporated MBCT into their lives while taking meds.
Hi mike thank u for the reply.
I'll be doing CBT in the near future. For now it's about getting the severe distress under control.
Having a bad evening this evening. Feel so nauseas and it just won't go away.
Thank u though. Hope u are doing well.

Mike Castillo
12-07-2014, 08:38 PM
wow, Ill be praying for you to feel better and that you find the right med and the right dose. Pls keep us posted. Try some stretches and walking cardio.

billash
12-07-2014, 08:53 PM
wow, Ill be praying for you to feel better and that you find the right med and the right dose. Pls keep us posted. Try some stretches and walking cardio.
Thanks mike. U too

Mike Castillo
01-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Billash, has the nausea subsided

Confusedpanic
01-10-2015, 08:28 PM
When I missed my zoloft for a day or two, or just was irregular about it, the next few days I'd feel out of it and lethargic. It eventually went away once I got regular with it again. You are not alone in your experiences!

billash
01-12-2015, 10:25 AM
Billash, has the nausea subsided

Hi mike
That's for message. Fingers crossed it's not too bad today. Was back last night tho. Seems to be an evening thing. Kinda strange.

billash
01-12-2015, 10:26 AM
When I missed my zoloft for a day or two, or just was irregular about it, the next few days I'd feel out of it and lethargic. It eventually went away once I got regular with it again. You are not alone in your experiences!

Thanks confused panic. As awful as it is it's good to know that it's common. It does seem to take couple of days alright.

Confusedpanic
01-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Thanks confused panic. As awful as it is it's good to know that it's common. It does seem to take couple of days alright.

Yeah if it doesn't correct in a few days I Would get it checked out. Everyone experiences their meds a bit differently but many do have common, relatable symptoms. In the meantime there are some things that may help alleviate symptoms. Make sure you are getting enough magnesium, b12, vitamin D, and iron. Camomile tea is supposed to be calming and helpful but best not to take it around the same time you consume any iron.