PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get extreme lethargy?

Confusedpanic
12-01-2014, 07:17 AM
As noted in some of my other posts, I think my anxiety/ panic attack were due mostly or at least in part to a low level of vitamin D (my level was at 17) I'm currently taking 10,000 dose of vitamin D a day along with 300 mg magnesium. I feel like it's definitely helping...slowly if anything.

There are days though where I feel SOOOO lethargic, groggy and tired, no matter how much sleep I get. I got 11 hours of sleep last night as I went to bed early at 9 p.m because that's when that lethargy feeling hit me, but I could barely get myself to get up today at 8 a.m. I'm still yawning like crazy and i just feel so out of it, like I could conk out in 1 minutes if I laid down and I definitely don't feel quite right, a little panicky in the chest randomly. This isn't an everyday thing. But it happens maybe once or a few times a week it seems where I feel like this.

Does anyone else get this in combination with their anxiety? I never used to ever feel this tired, especially when I had so much sleep. Any tips on dealing with it? It really sucks because it interferes with my activites. Was going to finish a project today but it looks like I may have to contact my professor and put it off till another day.

ETA: Have been reading that a symptom of vitamin D deficiency is sometimes extreme fatigue (never feeling rested no matter how much sleep you get.) You know I think I'll visit my health services today, get another blood test to see my vitamin D level and if I should increase or keep my dosage the same, as well as examine other things that I may not be getting enough of. I feel horrible missing many of my classes over this, and I just don't want my professors to think it's because I'm lazy when really I seriously have a physical problem.

gypsylee
12-01-2014, 07:54 AM
As noted in some of my other posts, I think my anxiety/ panic attack were due mostly or at least in part to a low level of vitamin D (my level was at 17) I'm currently taking 10,000 dose of vitamin D a day along with 300 mg magnesium. I feel like it's definitely helping...slowly if anything.

There are days though where I feel SOOOO lethargic, groggy and tired, no matter how much sleep I get. I got 11 hours of sleep last night as I went to bed early at 9 p.m because that's when that lethargy feeling hit me, but I could barely get myself to get up today at 8 a.m. I'm still yawning like crazy and i just feel so out of it, like I could conk out in 1 minutes if I laid down and I definitely don't feel quite right, a little panicky in the chest randomly. This isn't an everyday thing. But it happens maybe once or a few times a week it seems where I feel like this.

Does anyone else get this in combination with their anxiety? I never used to ever feel this tired, especially when I had so much sleep. Any tips on dealing with it? It really sucks because it interferes with my activites. Was going to finish a project today but it looks like I may have to contact my professor and put it off till another day.

ETA: Have been reading that a symptom of vitamin D deficiency is sometimes extreme fatigue (never feeling rested no matter how much sleep you get.) You know I think I'll visit my health services today, get another blood test to see my vitamin D level and if I should increase or keep my dosage the same, as well as examine other things that I may not be getting enough of. I feel horrible missing many of my classes over this, and I just don't want my professors to think it's because I'm lazy when really I seriously have a physical problem.

Yes. I've had this forever.. Well as long as I can remember having anxiety. Part of my problem is I'm nocturnal - I feel wide awake at night and tired during the day. But I also intuitively feel that the tiredness is caused by being so "wired" all the time with anxiety. So if I go out to the shops (which drains me) I often need a nap afterwards. I'm shocking in the morning and always have been.

I guess the obvious solution is having a regular sleep pattern, but as you say, you still felt tired after going to bed at 9pm. Also things like exercise and meditation can help. But I've had this for so long I just kind of accept it now. Sometimes I almost enjoy feeling tired because it's better than feeling anxious/unable to sleep.

Sorry to not be of much help. Just wanted to let you know this is really common for me. Good luck with finding out more about your Vitamin D levels.

Cheers,
Gypsy :)

h_rock
12-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Lethargy is often the worst part of it, not only do you feel so drained but you also don't have the energy to make the right choices and follow them through to help reduce the anxiety.

Regular sleeping pattern as gypsylee mentioned definitely helps. The other one is exercise, I always sleep better and feel better when I've been doing regular exercise.

It helps give you more energy for the other areas of your life too.

Confusedpanic
12-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Thank you both for your replies, and YES h_rock. I want to start exercising consistently because I have also gained weight, like 10 pounds in a short amount of time. (eating more cuz of the anxiety....to take my mind off things) but it's like how can you exercise when you physically lack the motivation? It also has ups and downs for me throughout the day. I was able to at least get going back to school today as it eased up some but ugh I still feel drained, not as bad as this morning, I felt every which way and just out of my mind tired. I wanna just curl up an take a nap right now. I know how the normal feeling of tired is, the tired when I'd wake up in high school early to go to school each morning, but this is a lot different.... I'm glad I live on campus so I actually have a room where I can just ride my feelings out ._. Right now I'm just lying on my bed with my laptop like ugh :( i'm going to try to do some exercise tonight, even if just a little something, but it's definitely a struggle. This forum has been so helpful for me in keeping myself going and at least knowing I'm not alone.

Damavandi
12-01-2014, 11:56 AM
OK, I will send you a private message.

jessed03
12-01-2014, 05:45 PM
How much energy do you waste at any given moment? Close your eyes at regular periods throughout the day. Check-in. How's the body? Are you rattling your teeth, clenching your jaw? Are feet tapping, are your muscles tensing and contracting? Are you hyper-ventilating? We waste so much energy when we're suffering from anxiety.

If you feel you are, engaging in regular, intense relaxation therapies will help. If not, then hopefully your supplementation will help you go from strength to strength!