PDA

View Full Version : lexapro making problem worse. what should i do

tgr17
07-15-2008, 08:13 PM
I have had some mysterious health problems for over a year the doctors haven't been able to solve yet. I have previously had problems with anxiety and was diagnosed with gad in the past. recently i started lexapro to see if it would help. The first two weeks my anxiety improved greatly and i was much happier but then it stopped working. The doctor upped my dose to 20mg. Since beginning the 20 mg I have been way more anxious than even before starting the medicine. I am like a walking zombie and constantly sleeping all day but unable to sleep at night. I am really jittery and on edge. The doctor said to reduce to 15mg but I think the medicine is actually making everything worse. Should I reduce the dose and keeping taking, stop and taking nothing, or ask to try a different med?

Robbed
07-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Get off the medication! It soulds like it is not for you. As for trying other medications, this is something for you to decide for yourself. But I honestly think you should look into dealing with your anxiety in other ways.