PDA

View Full Version : Dating

Drowninginregrets
11-29-2014, 11:29 PM
So I've been talking to this guy for a while now and we plan on hanging out soon but I'm beyond nervous. Everytime I think about it I start panicking. When I start panicking I feel really nauseous and start gagging and feeling like im about to throw up. I'm in constant fear that I'll end up throwing up and it scares me even more. I keep telling myself it'll be okay but I chicken out. What positive thoughts can I put inside my head? Or help me actually follow thru with hanging out? It's so hard to make that step

gypsylee
11-30-2014, 08:44 AM
Sometimes you just have to do things no matter how scared you are. Are you worried the guy will see how nervous you are and won't like you? Can you tell him you get anxiety and are very nervous about meeting him? You'll be nervous at the start but it will get better. I shouldn't advocate alcohol but what about if you met at a bar or something and had a few drinks before he gets there? Just force yourself to go and then you'll feel glad you did :)

Drowninginregrets
11-30-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm scared to tell him because he might think I'm weird or something. I don't drink or anything it makes my anxiety worse because I have no control

gypsylee
11-30-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm scared to tell him because he might think I'm weird or something. I don't drink or anything it makes my anxiety worse because I have no control

Well you could just say you get very nervous meeting new people. Most people are a lot less judgemental than we think. And if he doesn't like you just because you get nervous then he isn't very nice :) I get insanely nervous meeting people too but I find I relax pretty quickly.

Drowninginregrets
11-30-2014, 02:52 PM
You're right, I need to just suck it up because my nerves will calm down when I'm comfortable. Thank you for the advice

Tyler Patterson
12-02-2014, 02:59 PM
If he's a decent and genuine guy he'll understand. Don't psych yourself out of something you want to do. The worst that can happen is he says no and you move on.