PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

Tyler Patterson
11-29-2014, 05:21 PM
A little backstory, About 4-5 months ago my father has a relatively minor health scare which caused me to basically go crazy for about a week. It was at that time i noticed some minor twitches in my left leg/calf. That lead me to the absolutely awful mistake of google twitching(p.s. Don't) I went into a downward spiral for about a month and a half. Constant googling, research, testing of myself, and checking myself for symptoms. I finally got semi over my fear of ALS. But suddenly it's back. My left hand kind of shakes when i hold my thumb in front of the screen it tremors a little bit. When i lift things with my left hand it tires a bit easier then my right. That being said i am right handed. But even the simplest of tasks it tires first such as drying my hair or even typing. I also have nerve pain that's leading from my neck down into my left arm stopping around my left bicep. There's no obvious atrophy. I went to the doctor about 3 months ago and she said she noticed nothing. Bloodwork came back perfect. I've tried counseling and that did nothing for me what so ever . I don't know why this keeps recurring but it bugs the hell out of my. There's a 99% chance i have BFS since my twitching is widespread and just as prevalent on my right side as it is my left yet i have no weakness on the right side of my body whatsoever. I'm running out of ideas on how to allow myself to cope with my anxiety and hypochondria but its getting really tiresome to continually trying. Damn does this suck.

Im-Suffering
11-29-2014, 05:56 PM
A little backstory, About 4-5 months ago my father has a relatively minor health scare which caused me to basically go crazy for about a week. It was at that time i noticed some minor twitches in my left leg/calf. That lead me to the absolutely awful mistake of google twitching(p.s. Don't) I went into a downward spiral for about a month and a half. Constant googling, research, testing of myself, and checking myself for symptoms. I finally got semi over my fear of ALS. But suddenly it's back. My left hand kind of shakes when i hold my thumb in front of the screen it tremors a little bit. When i lift things with my left hand it tires a bit easier then my right. That being said i am right handed. But even the simplest of tasks it tires first such as drying my hair or even typing. I also have nerve pain that's leading from my neck down into my left arm stopping around my left bicep. There's no obvious atrophy. I went to the doctor about 3 months ago and she said she noticed nothing. Bloodwork came back perfect. I've tried counseling and that did nothing for me what so ever . I don't know why this keeps recurring but it bugs the hell out of my. There's a 99% chance i have BFS since my twitching is widespread and just as prevalent on my right side as it is my left yet i have no weakness on the right side of my body whatsoever. I'm running out of ideas on how to allow myself to cope with my anxiety and hypochondria but its getting really tiresome to continually trying. Damn does this suck.

The twitching is benign and will come and go in proportion to both the attention given and the residual trauma from the shock involving your father. Allow and don't fight the twitching. All while dealing with the post-shock, which aggravated the nerves. Months of stress sensitizing the system, its perfectly natural considering the conditions given, and how the body is releasing its stress. The connection of stress and the responses is no secret and no disorder. It is because of the body's (attempts at restorative) order that it reacts as it does.

Live in the now, not then, see things as they are now, if that includes health, and your fathers ok, then stay current. That is where everything is ok. You see. There is no other way.

crmac50
11-29-2014, 11:09 PM
I would also suggest getting to the gym and doing bilateral dumbbell exercises on a more or less regular basis. It is very common for people to have a "strong side" and a "weak side." This can be corrected by doing bilateral exercises that engage both your arms at the gym. Your anxiety may be causing symptom magnification, which is making it worse than it actually is. Going to the gym also helps reduce anxiety in general, so it will benefit you in multiple ways.

Tyler Patterson
12-02-2014, 02:55 PM
I'm aware of that but now that i actually start to look at my body i think my hand has atrophied quite a bit compared to my other hand which to me is extremely worrisome. I'm just scared i have a life debilitating disease at 18 years old. Especially when all the symptoms point towards it.

Tyler Patterson
12-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Does this look like atrophy to anyone? http://s1035.photobucket.com/user/meat902/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg.html?o=1

http://s1035.photobucket.com/user/meat902/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-1.jpg.html?o=0