PDA

View Full Version : Taking meds for anxiety but still feeling anxious

bmlynn09
11-25-2014, 08:48 PM
Any suggestions?

mikev18
11-25-2014, 08:56 PM
Have you given the medication time to start working?

PanicCured
11-26-2014, 01:06 AM
Any suggestions?

It doesn't matter. Medication will not cure an anxiety disorder anyway. Only you can cure it and you surely can. All you will get is temporary relief from meds than possibly wind up an addict. Unless you have a true medical disorder than that is something different. Read my post here on how I went from anxiety to anxiety free: http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?8633-Techniques-I-Used-to-Overcome-My-Panic-Anxiety-Disorder

mikev18
11-26-2014, 10:19 PM
There is no one cure or solution that best fits everyone. Give the medication some time to work, and try to not focus too much on being anxious. A lot of your anxiety can be caused by you convincing yourself you are anxious even if you are not.

simp
11-27-2014, 05:17 AM
Common story for me. I have been on many, some have helped, some make things worst, some do nothing at all. It takes a while for any positive effects to be seen for me. It's brutal getting on and off them for me. I know medicine won't cure me but they have helped and it's a 50/50 game. I know I have to put in effort as well.

So yeah how long have you been on it? What is it?