PDA

View Full Version : Driving?

Drowninginregrets
11-24-2014, 01:29 AM
I get so embarrassed by the fact that I'm 21 and not driving yet. I have a fear that I won't ever know how to get somewhere and I'm terrible with directions. I feel like such a failure. I feel like I can't do anything right.

gypsylee
11-24-2014, 05:13 AM
I didn't get my licence until I was 24 because I was scared. I've been driving for 17 years now and never caused an accident. Just get an automatic licence :)

Myosotis
11-24-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm in the same situation. I have decided to just start slowly, take one driving lesson and see how it goes. Then the next, and the next until I start to feel a little bit more comfortable with driving. Hopefully it will work as I'm really afraid of driving.

Another thing, if you can find someone to teach you who is calm and won't make your anxiety worse I recommend that!

Ryker
11-24-2014, 11:59 AM
I love teaching people to drive. I don't know how I passed my test. I can just remember a blur and hyperventilating and sweating my way through the test.

I'd love to take it again and see if I can induce the same in the examiner.

Drowninginregrets
11-24-2014, 05:51 PM
I agree, My friend is actually in the process of helping me so it makes it a lot easier to deal with, I hope you and I both are driving soon!

h_rock
11-25-2014, 11:14 AM
You'll get there. The more you do it the more it becomes habit and second nature. Just like you learnt to tie your shoe laces and can now do it without thinking.

Then you'll have your conscious thoughts free for the navigating, which again will get easier. Many people are not great with directions and getting places, SatNavs can help of course ;)

Hugo

Drowninginregrets
11-25-2014, 05:00 PM
Thank you so much. That makes me feel better. I think its the thoughts it my head that I simply won't be good at anything so I don't try, I'm ready to take the steps to drive :)