PDA

View Full Version : Family history survey

JohnC
11-20-2014, 04:28 PM
I was just wondering how many people that have anxiety also have other family members with anxiety? I ask this because my mother has it and i have it and now i see it in my oldest child and my youngest, the middle child seems fine. I am also open to any opinions and or comments. This will be interesting so leave a quick reply. Peace

Joe.
11-20-2014, 05:06 PM
My Mum has severe anxiety, severe bi-polar and mild depression. Environmentally my mum will have passed it to me.
Also my brother, 34, had it but seems to be cured.

JohnC
11-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Environmental, yes indeed. Thanks Joe

CP9702
11-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Both of my sisters and my brother have it. I see it in my youngest son.

gypsylee
11-20-2014, 08:51 PM
-Mother has severe anxiety
-Grandmother had it, developed schizophrenia
-Brother had it (died of a heroin overdose)
-Daughter showing signs at 13yo

Dahila
11-20-2014, 09:15 PM
My mother was a Concentration Camp survivor and she was suffering whole life with survivor guilt, depression, anxiety.....you name it. It was passed to me and my siblings

gypsylee
11-20-2014, 10:10 PM
My mother was a Concentration Camp survivor and she was suffering whole life with survivor guilt, depression, anxiety.....you name it. It was passed to me and my siblings

Dahila - my mother's family were not in concentration camps but were in Europe during WW2 and fled the Russians to a refugee camp in Germany, then a boat to Australia. My mother was a young child and she says this had a big impact on her anxiety. So it's interesting you say that.

JohnC
11-21-2014, 04:38 AM
-Mother has severe anxiety
-Grandmother had it, developed schizophrenia
-Brother had it (died of a heroin overdose)
-Daughter showing signs at 13yo

Thanks gypsylee, truely sorry about about your brother.

JohnC
11-21-2014, 04:41 AM

WOW Dahlia, Concentration camp...... i can't even begin to imagine how that must have been for her. Thanks for sharing.

JohnC
11-21-2014, 04:43 AM
I hope that more people will reply to see if the emerging pattern continues. Peace

JohnC
11-21-2014, 04:44 AM
Both of my sisters and my brother have it. I see it in my youngest son.

Thanks CP9702, beside my mother and two of my three kids i also have a sister that has it.

Ryker
11-21-2014, 05:41 AM
Nope. No history of anxiety or depression in my family as far as I now.

My mother's cooking is awful though if that helps.

Dahila
11-21-2014, 07:21 AM
WOW Dahlia, Concentration camp...... i can't even begin to imagine how that must have been for her. Thanks for sharing.
Her two brothers in Auswitz she was in Dahau, and her sister in another camp. Whole family was screwed up by it, everyone

JohnC
11-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Dang Dahila you family has been through hell!!!!
Thanks Ryker and LOL on the cooking :)

JustaGal
11-21-2014, 09:28 AM
I was just wondering how many people that have anxiety also have other family members with anxiety? I ask this because my mother has it and i have it and now i see it in my oldest child and my youngest, the middle child seems fine. I am also open to any opinions and or comments. This will be interesting so leave a quick reply. Peace

My mother had anxiety and bad depression. Her Mom and sisters had depression too, I am sure anxiety came with it.

JohnC
11-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks JustaGal, starting to see a pattern here. Peace

jessy
11-22-2014, 12:47 AM
My mum
My dad
My mums father committed suicide
My Aunty & cousins . It deff runs in the family :(

JohnC
11-22-2014, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the reply jessy. I wish i would have known what i was doing to my kids so maybe i could have hidden a lot of this from my kids and maybe break the cycle that i am now seeing of family history.