PDA

View Full Version : anxiety symptoms?

SakuraFett
11-18-2014, 01:14 PM
I'm using this as more of a way to vent than anything. I just want to say it's annoying and tiring to constantly differentiate between physical symptoms of anxiety and things that could actually be wrong with me. Every tiny little difference i notice in the way my body feels makes me think of what possible disease it could be a symptom of. Strokes, heart attacks, anuerisms, blood clots, why are these rare events the things I always immediately go to when the smallest thing happens? Sorry for ranting but thanks for reading.

Ryker
11-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Hi,

That's why it's a good idea to work on the anxiety with some well thought-out cognitive therapy and education. When the anxiety is under control everything else gets so much clearer.

R.

jessicahannah
11-18-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm sorry you feel this way but as I read your "venting" I felt as though it was something I had written. I feel the exact same way and don't understand why I jump to the worst possible reason for my funny body feelings & twitches. Don't feel alone & DONT Google. Thats my weakness

SakuraFett
11-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Ryker, thank you for the suggestion. I actually finally set up an appointment to meet with a counselor tomorrow. I've been putting it off for way too long. I am hoping to find ways to cope with it instead of medicating it.
Jessica, I am definitely guilty of googling. I tell myself all the time what a bad idea it is but sometimes I just can't help it and I give in. It rarely relieves my anxiety but instead gives me new symptoms to look out for. It's such a viscous cycle haha.
thank you both for taking the time to read and reply. It helps to just know other people have dealt with the same things I struggle with.

Ryker
11-18-2014, 05:36 PM
learning about anxiety and panic attacks really will change the way you see things.

It's a bit like the difference being on a roller coaster and knowing how they work and that they're safe, and being on one and not knowing that.

The brain is a wonderful, scary, and often rather baffling thing. Learning the controls will make a massive change.

willheal
11-19-2014, 08:19 AM
I have been feeling the same way this morning. Woke up with a strange sensation and immediately my mind started grabbing for an explanation (or several, and they're all really bad...) It's very unfortunate that we're also more sensitive than most people to anything that's happening, inside and out.

It's therapeutic at least to know that other people are feeling the same way. I end up coming here a lot, and sometimes just having that "me too" moment with others helps me calm down.

SakuraFett
11-19-2014, 11:13 AM
We definitely are more sensitive! I usually try to explain it to people without anxiety by telling them that I'm hyper aware of my body and how it feels. Something that a "normal" person wouldn't even notice can send me into panic mode.

Ryker
11-19-2014, 12:27 PM
We definitely are more sensitive! I usually try to explain it to people without anxiety by telling them that I'm hyper aware of my body and how it feels. Something that a "normal" person wouldn't even notice can send me into panic mode.

At least we're never bored or boring. Those 'normal' people really struggle as they have to rely on being constantly aroused and stimulated to avoid getting bored and depressed. You and I will never have that problem :)