PDA

View Full Version : headaches, burned out feeling....

Skizo
11-18-2014, 11:24 AM
I feel really bad now... like a squeezed lemon. entire day I have headaches, pressure in head, buzzing/warm feeling, lightheadedness, extreme fatigue, etc...
I know this can be caused by anxiety and have felt this before but its really hard now and I dont know how much longer I can take it :(
I might have overtrained myself with exercise and now I am stressed because of that, idk... the headache does get better when I run, but returns soon after... its not a local headache, its like all over, behind the eyes, back of the head, jaw, neck is stiff, etc... but the worst is the constant burned out feeling or feeling tightness in the head and neck... its like constantly buzzing...

I guess this is anxiety but I need reassurance... I have had episodes like this before and they can last for a few weeks at a time... time will tell but I am really depressed now :(

Im-Suffering
11-18-2014, 12:19 PM
I feel really bad now...

I guess this is anxiety but I need reassurance... Will you listen ? That is the question. More appropo is when.

During these 'episodes' there are 2 watchwords:

1) Acceptance ie : "Acceptance in human psychology is a person's assent to the reality of a situation, recognizing a process or condition (often a negative or uncomfortable situation) without attempting to change it, protest. The concept is close in meaning to 'acquiescence' (Wikipedia)

2) loosen ie. "1 : to release from restraint (Webster Dictionary)

Now, apply those two watchwords to your 'condition', and you will consciously and symbolically act in ways that will heal this 'disorder', and over time, with practice, the body will desensitize, or, the nerves will return to a state of balance reflecting the psychological state of balance you have practiced, by, acceptance and loosening the grip.

The restraint is the tight grip you have on how you feel. Utterly impressed by the symptoms and consistent brooding act as a vice, you see, where 'loosen' relaxes under utter acceptance.

Setbacks, and they will come, periodically, as you are feeling one now, are nothing more than an opportunity for more practice. And soon setbacks will be few and far between. No matter if one comes in 30 years !! PRACTICE. And do not think "Oh NO here it is again, after 30 years there must be something wrong with me !!"

Period.

I return to the beginning, you have asked, will you listen?

I suggest you read this a few times.

Skizo
11-18-2014, 12:34 PM
I am worrying because I was bench pressing, and my breathing was incorrect so I had a headache after the exercise, it is most likely due to a rapid rise in blood pressure due to incorrect breathing and I had a painful dull pain on the back/left side of my head and jaw, it faded away in 20-30 minutes or so but it was really worrying me. That was three days ago but for some reason I guess my subconscious is still worrying over it. I also have some sinus pain and throat/top of the mouth pain, like its painful to suck in mucus from the top of the mouth, usually its not painful but now it is really painful.

Im-Suffering
11-18-2014, 12:40 PM
I am worrying because I was bench pressing, and my breathing was incorrect so I had a headache after the exercise, it is most likely due to a rapid rise in blood pressure due to incorrect breathing and I had a painful dull pain on the back/left side of my head and jaw, it faded away in 20-30 minutes or so but it was really worrying me. That was three days ago but for some reason I guess my subconscious is still worrying over it. I also have some sinus pain and throat/top of the mouth pain, like its painful to suck in mucus from the top of the mouth, usually its not painful but now it is really painful.

All of that has nothing to do with my post. And I did start it off with "will you listen" but you are way to enmeshed in your symptoms and rather explicit self diagnosis.

You are not worrying, you are brooding (look it up) over the state you are in (and this has been going on for much time, not only your bench press experience). Your answer for feeling better is in my post.

Skizo
11-19-2014, 11:56 AM
I feel so burned out and exhausted... I will get myself checked for sinusitis soon... nothing makes any sense... I feel suicidal again.

Skizo
11-30-2014, 01:22 AM
I feel lightheaded, confused, dizzy, and like Im in a fog.... this is nothing new for me but its still extremely frustrating and I dont know why it happens... I am living a healthy lifestyle now but still I feel like a zombie.

danielhermanson
11-30-2014, 03:33 AM
For me it looks like you have a physical problem and the symptoms are not caused by anxiety. One major thing that can give you headaches and fatigue is you irregular breathing. Especially when exercising or doing a great effort if you don't breath normally, the lack of oxygen in your brain will give you those symptoms. There are some effective techniques on you tube or the web to help you breath in a normal way. Have you taken any medical test and I am not referring only to blood test but to complete test of you head and spine?

Before falling into depression go take some tests and see what might be wrong with you body and use your mind to overcome it.

Take care!

Skizo
12-01-2014, 09:35 AM
For me it looks like you have a physical problem and the symptoms are not caused by anxiety. One major thing that can give you headaches and fatigue is you irregular breathing. Especially when exercising or doing a great effort if you don't breath normally, the lack of oxygen in your brain will give you those symptoms. There are some effective techniques on you tube or the web to help you breath in a normal way. Have you taken any medical test and I am not referring only to blood test but to complete test of you head and spine?

Before falling into depression go take some tests and see what might be wrong with you body and use your mind to overcome it.

Take care!

Well you are wrong, it has been determined that it is anxiety, I also have huge social anxiety, when i am talking to someone I like or something then I literally start shaking all over and stuttering... I will get my blood pressure in check too because doctors say I have high blood pressure but I have that all the time, but the anxiety symptoms only come occasionally, but they last for some periods of time... like when they appear, they last at least 1-2 weeks at a time, but can for much longer... I do not know how to control it at all.

The reason I strongly believe it is caused by anxiety is because there is always a trigger event... this time it was getting sick (running nose), last time I slightly bumped my head, the time before that I had a heated argument with a family member, the time before that I smoked e-cigarette, before that I was turned down by a girl, etc... but I don't ever remember it happening without a trigger event.

Dahila
12-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Hi Kyle, welcome back ;) I hope you feel better:)

Skizo
12-02-2014, 08:20 AM
I got back from the doctor, she also said it is most likely caused by anxiety... I guess I will have to go to some kind of therapy now I am so sick of it.

Skizo
12-05-2014, 07:39 AM
The hardest part is actually describing how I feel... I don't know how to describe it... basically I feel like my brain is in a fog constantly... also I feel this slight heaviness/pressure on the right side of my head mostly... and I have like a urge to suck my cheeks in and do like a fish face (dont laugh)... its really weird.

TianaStar
12-05-2014, 08:02 AM
I agree Skizo.
The trigger affect.I had a pretty bad night and was arguing with someone I thought I wanted to be in a relationship with.
Now I'm back at square root of 1, alone, and confused as to why this happened. I try to be calm and listen to others, but they try to run over me.
I'm far from stupid, and what he had to say was hurtful for me. I hung up and he texted back "wow". Anyway, I suffer from the anxious feeling of wanting to run away or get him back but i can't. I just have to move on. The trigger sucks and it's something I have learned I have to release and vent about.I can't keep it bottled up!