PDA

View Full Version : Postcard to AF members

Ryker
11-13-2014, 07:12 AM
Hello Lovely AF peeps.

Having a lovely time down in London watching the Tennis. So I thought of you all and made you a postcard...

Take care all, and keep up the hard work.

jessed03
11-13-2014, 07:41 AM
Ah, just down the road from me! I've never been to the Tour Finals though. It looks incredible. Enjoy your time in the Capital. It's really cool this time of year.

Ryker
11-13-2014, 08:08 AM
It's a great event if you like tennis. It's virtually impossible for normal people to to get tickets to the finals and semi finals of grand slams, and every match at the tour finals is right up there.

It's the first year I've managed the crowds and surroundings without so much as the slightest wobble from the old agoraphobia as well. It's nice to have something like this to be the ultimate test every year. It's a shame next year may be the last in London.

Im-Suffering
11-13-2014, 09:00 AM
It's the first year I've managed the crowds and surroundings without so much as the slightest wobble from the old agoraphobia.

Incredibly hopeful for those that at the moment cannot see a way out, or overwhelmed by the emotions of agoraphobia. That it is indeed temporary although it feels like an eternity. Good to hear for you too :)

Someday, maybe 20 years from now, some visitor will be passing through and read your words, which will fill them with promise of a better future. And that's what its all about.

Ryker
11-13-2014, 09:16 AM
Someday, maybe 20 years from now, some visitor will be passing through and read your words, which will fill them with promise of a better future. And that's what its all about.

Thanks Im-Suffering, I hope so too.

It's very easy to feel trapped and not see any way out of agoraphobia so it's important to keep reminding ourselves, as you say, that it only needs to be a temporary state of affairs.

jessed03
11-13-2014, 10:49 AM
Ain't no doubt about it. Those inspirational stories (of which I knew of two during the time of my breakdown) were held so closely to my chest during every dark, bleak night.

Mental illness is evil. Convincing the sufferer that it's all hopeless. Any time anxiety is ignored and hope encouraged, I'm all for it. :)

natty
12-07-2015, 05:49 AM
nice postcard