PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of heart problems. help:(

Grimmjow.
11-12-2014, 11:34 PM
I've been experiencing a really eeavy chest accompanied with dizziness and nausea.
I've had countless ecgs done and they have been fine, I'm awaiting results from a holter monitor and I just had an echo done yesterday. I'm scared to death of atrial fibrillation and I'm convinced that I'm going to have a stroke :(

jessed03
11-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Are the worries lessening though? Has the severity and frequency of such fears reduced, even by a little, in the month or so you've been here? It's ok if they haven't, but if they have, then hey, that's progress.

anxiety_prison
12-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Me too! I have PAC's. I'm afraid now something worse. Get all kinds of sensations in chest area, then a dizzy spell, and sometimes it feels like I've checked out for a second. I'm afraid of ATRIAL fib too. Anyone know what it feels like ?

Edmontongirl
12-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Hey, sorry about yout shitty times. I speak from experience, your heart can do some stupid stuff to you in regards to anxiety. It speeds up, feels like it will explode or completely stop - when in reality it is just doing its job and takin are of you. Our body symptoms react a lot to our environments and our thoughts and signals from the brain. I get panic attacks and have had to call 911 ample times because I was assured my heart was going to stop. It has taken 2 years and I am almost used to it, ALMOST. It takes time :) chin up

Chelsea Doak
12-24-2014, 02:21 AM
I've been experiencing a really eeavy chest accompanied with dizziness and nausea.
I've had countless ecgs done and they have been fine, I'm awaiting results from a holter monitor and I just had an echo done yesterday. I'm scared to death of atrial fibrillation and I'm convinced that I'm going to have a stroke :(

Girl, I am right there with you. That is a daily struggle for me. My head hurts, I instantly think stroke or a brain tumor and when my chest hurts I know I'm having a heart attack.... but really deep down inside I KNOW I'm not. What helps me is to Google anxiety symptoms. DO NOT GOOGLE ANYTHING ELSE. I swear google will be the death of me. But googling anxiety symptoms helps me feel like I'm not so crazy.