PDA

View Full Version : scared to take meds again

KellyMN
11-12-2014, 02:32 PM
I took my meds yesterday for the first time in years.. I've been off of them and fine for about 5 years. the last few months I've been dealing with Anxiety/panic again.. I'm so nervous to take it again.. it has made me a bit more anxious and feeling just funny today... taking again seems to me to be silly knowing it will make me feel like crap.. but overall, eventually I know it will help. The med is zoloft. I have risperdahl also, which I dont want to start yet and lorazopam in case I can't take the anxiety.. I've not taken the lorazopam before either.. too afraid to.
Why is this so difficult? I will be home alone tonight, so I'm just afraid.

KellyMN
11-12-2014, 05:46 PM
ugh.. okay.. I took the Zoloft and then took the risperdone/risperdahl also.. hoping that would calm me down a bit. conversation with myself.. but that's okay.. lol

CP9702
11-12-2014, 07:36 PM
I just recently started meds again too..i was a complete mess the first couple weeks i took them. Its been almost a month now and im feeling better. Still have some days i have to push myself through. During the first couple of weeks when i started feeling anxious i would pull up a yoga video online and do it..it would make me feel better..just a thought.

KellyMN
11-12-2014, 07:47 PM
thanks so much. I have taken the riserdone now also, that seems to have calmed me down a bit. I have been thinking about yoga also... I just seem to not have the energy for anything right now, though know it would be helpful..

JustaGal
11-13-2014, 02:11 PM
I took my meds yesterday for the first time in years.. I've been off of them and fine for about 5 years. the last few months I've been dealing with Anxiety/panic again.. I'm so nervous to take it again.. it has made me a bit more anxious and feeling just funny today... taking again seems to me to be silly knowing it will make me feel like crap.. but overall, eventually I know it will help. The med is zoloft. I have risperdahl also, which I dont want to start yet and lorazopam in case I can't take the anxiety.. I've not taken the lorazopam before either.. too afraid to.
Why is this so difficult? I will be home alone tonight, so I'm just afraid.

Dont be afraid of lorazopam. I have taken it, and will take it again as needed. The key is to taking just enough to kill the panic and not taking it to get a high or with alcohol. Why live with torture? All I needed was half of 1mg.