PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos and anxiety.

Grimmjow.
11-11-2014, 04:32 PM
I have a tattoo booked in for a month from now and I was wondering what peoples opinions are of getting a tattoo with anxiety.
I've read that you can't get tattoos with a heart condition and considering I'm getting my heart checked for everything I'm a bit scared to have it done now.

I've had countless ecgs and they have all been fine, I've also had a holter monitor and an echo done but haven't got the results yet.

I've had three middle sized tattoos done before I had all these problems and it was completely fine, but I wonder if I'm at risk for anything heart related now?

Grimmjow.
11-12-2014, 12:14 AM
Anything would help me, just want my mind to be at ease and to make a decision.

Ryker
11-12-2014, 02:38 AM
Anxiety is a psychological condition.

Unless you're having your brain tattooed I don't think you want to be worrying.

You will need to take photos and post them up here though ;)

raggamuffin
11-12-2014, 05:28 AM
I sincerely doubt you have a heart condition. Anxiety can cause palps, chest pains, any sort of ache or symptom imaginable. I had my sleeve started back when my anxiety was very bad. There were times the symptoms flared up. Dizziness and chest pains etc. But on the whole the discomfort of being tattooed tends to make the anxiety symptoms less noticeable. Eat properly prior to the session and bring some water along with you. Lunch if it's a long session too.

I had a 2 hour session first, then a 4 hour, then a 7 hour colouring session, then a 4 hour colouring session. The colouring was agony as my sleeve is solid colour throughout.

In general everyone will be anxious when they have a tattoo done. You'll get used to the pain. but if the session is very long the pain will often get a lot worse as the skin is more n more damaged.

I'd recommend a 2 or 3 hour session at most to see how you do. Bring something to distract you like music and headphones or see if you can bring a friend and distract you with talking.

Ed

Grimmjow.
11-12-2014, 05:52 PM
I sincerely doubt you have a heart condition. Anxiety can cause palps, chest pains, any sort of ache or symptom imaginable. I had my sleeve started back when my anxiety was very bad. There were times the symptoms flared up. Dizziness and chest pains etc. But on the whole the discomfort of being tattooed tends to make the anxiety symptoms less noticeable. Eat properly prior to the session and bring some water along with you. Lunch if it's a long session too.

I had a 2 hour session first, then a 4 hour, then a 7 hour colouring session, then a 4 hour colouring session. The colouring was agony as my sleeve is solid colour throughout.

In general everyone will be anxious when they have a tattoo done. You'll get used to the pain. but if the session is very long the pain will often get a lot worse as the skin is more n more damaged.

I'd recommend a 2 or 3 hour session at most to see how you do. Bring something to distract you like music and headphones or see if you can bring a friend and distract you with talking.

Ed

I just heard that you can get blood poisoning if you have a heart condition. I've had tattoos before but they are only black and white, so I'm worried about am infection with the colored ink.

This session is supposed to be 6 hours :/

KellyMN
11-12-2014, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't be concerned.. if you can sit that long, you should be fine! :)