PDA

View Full Version : Music is Healing

electric*eyes
07-09-2008, 01:26 AM
Hi everyone. I thought I'd write down a list of songs that really help calm me down when my anxiety gets bad (mostly before bed). I like a pretty wide range of genres so if anyone's looking for a little self-help through music, I'd really suggest a few of these songs!

Something Corporate - Watch The Sky
Michelle Branch - Everywhere
Sublime - Summertime
Incubus - Wish You Were Here
Incubus - I Miss You
Incubus - Southern Girl
Vanessa Carlton - White Houses
Audioslave - Doesn't Remind Me
Big N Rich - Leap Of Faith
Anberlin - The Unwinding Cable Car (ironic, I know)
Colbie Caillat - Bubbly
Howie Day - Collide
In Flames - Acoustic Medley
Tom Petty - Free Fallin'
Jimmy Eat World - Night Drive
Kenny Chesney - No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems
Kenny Chesney - Old Blue Chair
Taylor Swift - I'd Lie
Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes
Weezer - Island In The Sun
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

ANY of Jack Johnson's songs. (They're pretty laid back and happy-go-lucky)

And I really like The Album Leaf...but I'd only suggest them for relaxing, and not when you feel an anxiety attack coming on. (Just listen to them and you'll understand). A few songs I'd suggest by them are:
-Over The Pond
-September Song
-Twenty-Two Fourteen

Also, if any of you have any songs to suggest, I'd be happy to hear them!

Robbed
07-09-2008, 04:31 AM
Music CAN BE healing (but isn't always). Also, everybody is going to have different music that makes them feel more relaxed. And some people don't feel better listening to ANY music.

Anxious Frank
07-10-2008, 01:47 AM
I like making my own music. I play the banjo and bass guitar. I try to sing but sound like a frog at the end of a long hallway:)

I find tapping out my own beats on my legs or on a table to be really centering. Gives my whirling mind something to concentrate on. It really annoys my sister too.

Patty
07-10-2008, 06:45 AM
I couldn't agree more with you. Music is so important in my life. I can't think of a day, I don't have my Ipod with me. Thank you so much for the list, I will get some of that music right away.

electric*eyes
07-14-2008, 07:51 AM
I couldn't agree more with you. Music is so important in my life. I can't think of a day, I don't have my Ipod with me. Thank you so much for the list, I will get some of that music right away.

Thanks Patty, I'm glad you liked it :-)

electric*eyes
07-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Music CAN BE healing (but isn't always). Also, everybody is going to have different music that makes them feel more relaxed. And some people don't feel better listening to ANY music.
Thanks Robbed. I didn't really look at it that way but that's so true...anxiety is really tricky that way.