PDA

View Full Version : brother who has anxiety

lovelylinda0788
11-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi. I have joined this group to try and help my brother . He is 22 years old and this is the 2nd year he has been going through this.we as a family don't know what to do . He won't talk to us or anybody about it. Ok so here's his story . 2 years ago he told us he got in a lil car accident and he no longer wanted to drive. Then a couple months later he said there was no accident he said he was just driving with his friends and all of a sudden got anxiety . So we're not sure of the story but my brother no longer leaves the house . Answers his phone. Texts ppl . He trys to avoid large groups . He has lost lots of weight from not eating. He scared to get sick . He uses the same plate over and over . . It seems like he no longer wants to open doors using his hands. . That's some of the things I can think of right now . But my brother is very skinny and looks so depressed . We don't know what to do . Is there anyone who can give me advice ??

jon mike
11-10-2014, 12:29 AM
sounds like general anxiety issues, very normal, very upsetting but easily remedied, education on the subject helps, knowing what
is happening to him, he needs to learn that himself, its very common, first port of call is to go and see the doctor if he describes
anti-depressants straight away then go and see another doctor as he probably isnt listening

gypsylee
11-10-2014, 06:17 AM
Hi Linda,

Good on you for trying to help your brother.

It also sounds like he could have a bit of OCD, which is a kind of anxiety disorder (I think).

I don't really know what to suggest. Obviously seeing a doctor would be a good idea, but you can't force him. I guess just try and let him know you want to help.

Best of luck..
Gypsy

lovelylinda0788
11-10-2014, 01:46 PM
I wish he would go see a doctor .. but he won't leave the house and is terrified of drs.. we tell him all the time that we want to help him . But I guess he gunna have to want it before we can . .. he had already told us that jes not the same person as he was ... I really hope that he doesnt believe that cuz I know he can get better. I'm keeping faith !! Thankyou for your responces